Anakee 3

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
800gs_ant

Re: Anakee 3

Post by 800gs_ant »

Iv just had a pair fitted to my 800gs. Im really happy with the choice and dont have any complaints, no chicken strips at all. I havent found the front to be noisey - maybe thats just me!! :unsure:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Just had a good look at the tyres and the chicken strip is about the width of my little finger on the rear and bugger all on the front :blink: get a decent dry day and I`m sure I can remove them :laugh: got to say I`m impressed with how much you can trust them especially considering I`ve only put about a 100 miles on em and my name is not Marquez!
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

AndyB wrote:
Mike101 wrote:I've got a new set of scorpian trails on my ten and they are the same as the new Anakees.

The older style tyres had big chunky tread for off road and the newer generation looks like they are more of a road tyre.

I'll do a full review soon btu so far the road looking tyres i have are great on the trails. Not been in bad mud yet but we will see.

Is this a case of new technology beating the old stuff. Oh and my new boots are cracking on the road.

Mike
I don't fancy your chances if you try the Scorpions in mud but they're very good on roads (wet or dry) and they're not bad on dry trails unless you try to ride up a rocky step in which case forget it because they simply don't have the grip.

I don't know how well they'll last on a Tenere because I use Tourances on mine but I got 3k miles out of a set on my MTS and they weren't totally shot but they weren't too far off it. It might be the bike but I also found that the front wore at the same rate as the rear tyre so you need to change them both at the same time or risk having less grip on the front than the rear and that's never a good thing :pinch:
My scorpians are doing good. I'm 5k in and lots of tread left in both tyres. I am expecting to get at least 7k out of them. The i'm changing to K60 scout M+S for the winter.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

My front Mefo and rear karoo3 were excellent off road and give me loads of grip on a bike heavy bike. considering the karoo3 is a 70/30 tyre I was surprised how well it managed really wet crap off road.

Learned my lesson on the tarmac with it though, lot less grip than my trail tyres.

Time will tell as to how many miles i will get out of them.

si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

mr_diver

Post by mr_diver »

interesting to hear the input on here for these tyres.

The anakee 2's are rated as a 80/20 tyre (onroad/offroad)
the anakee 3's are more a 95/5

and after seeing them on my mates v-Strom i'd agree.

I used the 2's for about 30,000miles loved them but fancied something more aggressive when taking the bike on the dirt 2up and opted for K60 scouts.
The K60's are far superior off tarmac, but weave slightly when not at the correct pressure, rears last 6-7k (anakee 2's got 9-11k) and the front howls at anything over 20mph.
the front feels remote and disconcerting when pushing hard and leaned above 90mph.
Wet grip is fantastic. No river too deep!

After chasing my mate (on same model bike) and his son on a GSXR600 on roads they knew as well as me, i realised the tyres limitations, and when winter is over and yet another set of rubber is required i will be considering going back to a more road biased tyre.
Top of the list is still Anakee 2's and I'm still not convinced about the merits of the 3's offroad. but my riding is 99% on road- commuting, but when I do go offroad I do need a tyre to trust on some very loose surfaces.

Please keep up the feedback as soon enough Michelin may give me no option other than try the 3's and i'd like to know what i'd get.

The k60's do do a good job offroad which is making me want to stick with them... :unsure:

The Rantings of A Crazed Lunatic.

Return to “TECHNICAL”