Takoda 8th - 10th November.

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
PeterT

Re: Takoda 8th - 10th November.

Post by PeterT »

wimj wrote:Food on saturday sounds great to the two of us (Wim and Symon)!

We'll be arriving thursday, hope there's some food and drinks nearby for thursday and friday!

BTW do you happen to have gps coordinates of the campsite?
Maria makes a mean bacon buttie
Within 10 mins walk of the camp site there are 3 chip shops, 2 Chinese and 1 very good Indian takeaway. And the landlord of the nearest pub lets you sit in and eat your takeaway while you drink. He"ll even give you a knife fork and plate.

http://takodacamping.webs.com/location.htm

54.481408,-2.350094
Gripper1974

Post by Gripper1974 »

[/quote] Mariia makes a mean bacon buttie
Within 10 mins walk of the camp site there are 3 chip shops, 2 Chinese and 1 very good Indian takeaway. And the landlord of the nearest pub lets you sit in and eat your takeaway while you drink. He"ll even give you a knife fork and plate.[/quote]
Might turn up on Thursday myself.
PeterT

Post by PeterT »

Jeez... nearly forgot. :dry: My kid brother is Chef at the Black Bull, near the tourist info centre. The food is class, really but you'd want to book in advance for the Friday as it'll be full . ;)

https://plus.google.com/116030489977879 ... l=uk&hl=en
Paul

Post by Paul »

PeterT wrote:
Paul wrote: I am also madly tryng to collect enough wod to burn on at least Saturday this always provides a good focal point
I've got a lot of old timber that was going to go on the village bonfire. It's all yours. :)
Definately up for free timber Peter, or it will be a very brief bonfire at the moment. I will be in touch, cheers
angusyoung

Post by angusyoung »

Hi there Matt
Have I done this right mate book me on
Yours Angus
Gripper1974

Post by Gripper1974 »

angusyoung wrote:Hi there Matt
Have I done this right mate book me on
Yours Angus
Yep you've done it right mate ;)
Your on the list.
moto al

Post by moto al »

it looks a bril w/end coming together.looking forward to it. thanks gripper .take care .alan.ps please no talk about the army.he he ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) only kiddin
moto al
Gripper1974

Post by Gripper1974 »

moto al wrote:it looks a bril w/end coming together.looking forward to it. thanks gripper .take care .alan.ps please no talk about the army.he he ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) only kiddin
Pull up a sand bag al. "When I was in the war...................." ;)
Gripper1974

Post by Gripper1974 »

3rd ride out sorted :)

I've spoken to Mul and he has offered to lead a ride out on Saturday too.

The route is about 150 - 160 miles long with a good mix of both A and B roads. There will be plenty of brew stops and chances to take photos. As with Peter t's route there will be sweeping bends, small twisty bits and some straights to admire the scenery.

The title of the ride will be "Deepest lake, Highest mountain"

I will be putting three lists up on the bunk house at the camp site, one for each ride out. If you fancy one of the runs then put your name down. I am lead to believe that the ride outs will depart at about 09.30 - 10.00.

Hope that there is something for everyone and a massive thanks to the guys that have volunteered to help.
Cheers.
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

Africa John wrote:Put me on the list please

Missed the XRV national and Peel Island so have to get something in for the tail end of 2013

John
I'm in for the food too (not clear in message above)

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”