Z1000SX

The Things We Ride
VR_Rider

Z1000SX

Post by VR_Rider »

DSC00243.JPG
DSC00243.JPG (69.48 KiB) Viewed 2894 times
Took out a Kawasaki Z1000sx today and was very impressed. I had an ER6f as my first bike so was interested to see how the 1000cc touring bike handled!

Only three things that I didn't like about it.

1-the mirrors are rubbish, seems to be the same for most kawasakis!

2-the clocks are just that bit to low for a quick glance

3-it rolls of its sidestand far to easily as I found out at a petrol station. Luckly I caught it!

Other than that if I was in the market for a 1000cc tour kawasaki would be getting my money! Loved the handling and there is more than enough poke for someone like me that bimbles around! :cheer:
OB1

Re: Z1000SX

Post by OB1 »

That's a really nice bike and I expect Kawasaki to sell bucket loads this year.

After the sports bikes and scooters, I would expect the Tiger 800 and the Z1000SX to be at the top of the sales charts this year. B)
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

I don't like it. :laugh:
wallus-old-tv_1782802c.jpg
wallus-old-tv_1782802c.jpg (40.43 KiB) Viewed 2894 times
VR_Rider

Post by VR_Rider »

CRAIGREVO wrote:I don't like it. :laugh:
wallus-old-tv_1782802c.jpg
Possibly the best way to display your dislike of a bike! :laugh:
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Nice bike,

But I have a bit of a dilemma. I want a large sports tourer / Large trailie type bike.

Im unsure whether to get a Large trialie like BMW GS1200A, or KTM990 and a smaller capacity sports machine, or to get a large sports tourer and smaller sized trail bike eg transalp.

I did have a sit though, and the way I position my feet on pegs means I'd get melted boots on the thing - not good. Also the front indicators are GHASTLY!
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
herman

Post by herman »

I can reccomend the zed,had this one for a few years and much fun was had...but not by a passenger. Image
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Vindaloo

Post by Vindaloo »

VersysRider wrote:Nice bike,

But I have a bit of a dilemma. I want a large sports tourer / Large trailie type bike.

Im unsure whether to get a Large trialie like BMW GS1200A, or KTM990 and a smaller capacity sports machine, or to get a large sports tourer and smaller sized trail bike eg transalp.

I did have a sit though, and the way I position my feet on pegs means I'd get melted boots on the thing - not good. Also the front indicators are GHASTLY!
Depends on the uses of course and how 'trailie' you want the bike to be. I've a KTM990adv and couldn't justify another bike as it covers all my bases ...

Faster than I need a bike to be :woohoo: , more off road ability than I've the technique to use, all the road presence you could want, able to handle the best / worst of our roads surfaces / conditions, unique looks, great noise. makes me smile every ride. It's a bit unruly compared to the GS which seems to make everything so easy but for me that makes it way more fun.

I suggest you think about which single bike you most want to own and get a few test rides. Buy the one you want most and then decide if there are any gaps left that need filled by another bike. A Mulistrada might do everything you need. Suppose it depends on your off-road needs?

For what it's worth in my unbiased opinion:

If you're under 35 or wish you were buy the KTM! ;)
If you're over 45 or have stopped noticing girls in short skirts get a GS :lol:
Alphadog43

Post by Alphadog43 »

If you're under 35 or wish you were buy the KTM! ;)
If you're over 45 or have stopped noticing girls in short skirts get a GS :lol:[/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love the humour on this forum ;)
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

When i first saw the pics of the new Z1000SX i thought it looked stunning and although i dont want to chop in my Bandit yet, just by the pics alone it looked like a bike i could be seriously interested in.
But when i finally saw it in the flesh it didn't quite have that 'Wow' factor i expected. Of course that didn't stop me test riding it. Was quite impressed with it, but its definitely more on the sport side of sports tourer and i felt too cramped on it. No ABS as standard either, unless you buy the version with the panniers which i wouldn't want as my Strom does all my touring.
Nice bike but not good enough for me to take a big loss chopping in my Bandit and stump up the extra dosh for the big Zed.
VR_Rider

Post by VR_Rider »

VersysRider wrote:Nice bike,

I've heard rumors that kawasaki are working on a 1200 versys, may be worth the wait!

If I was seriously looking for a big tourer varadero would be top of my list!

Return to “BIKES”