g650gs

The Things We Ride
Barcelona Pat

Re: g650gs

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Hey F, I think you have got yourself a cracker. Hope you love it!

I waz at the Cardiff BMW dealers yesterday having at look at the G650 - and I'm impressed. Really nice looking bike, good finishing, light, nimble, good pick up, and you can get your feet down (which does worry me about the XT). Only the switching didn't look quite up to usual BMW spec, but still competes at this price range.

Talking of price, I was quoted £6,350 on the road with comfort pack (ABS, centre stand etc), plus bash plate and engine bars. That was a little more than I was expecting, and puts it close to the transalp (which also has 0% finance and wire wheels) - so gave me pause for thought.

In fact I'm still pausing... hmmmm

Perhaps I'll bore you all silly at the boil seeking views on which one to go for. That said, since when have any of us gotton bored talking about bikes...:P

G650GS is a real contender though.
B)
Pat
Vindaloo

Post by Vindaloo »

Hi, congratulations on the new bike ... looking forward to seeing some pictures of it soon!

I think the G650GS is going to be a big seller this year, looks like a good bit of kit.
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

Very nice choice Fiona..looks like your gonna have loads of fun on that! Looking forward even more to seeing all these new bikes at the Boil! :)
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Nice one Fi.

Glad you've managed to wait for the right bike to roll your way (even if it is still a BMW :whistle: ;) )

Your current storage arrangements are going to need a real & serious review real soon, methinks ;)

Looking forward to seeing your's & Jims new metal soon - won't be the slightest bit jealous of course, cos I've got mine :)

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Alun

Post by Alun »

Congrats Fiona, that's a fine looking bike. Will Jim be able to keep up with you? :whistle:

Return to “BIKES”