Determining legality of particular lane please?

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
sexysi

Re: Determining legality of particular lane please?

Post by sexysi »

:evil:
Evil is a funny one, cause I could have just farted, doesn't make me an evil person all the time.

Or

I could have just run over a cat and thought it was funny :evil: :evil:

Then I would have been perceived as a evil b*****d

But they do help.... Now we are totally off subject, start up a new post on the use of Emoticons. This one is about lanes etc.

si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

Angry farmer wrote:I've got the definitive answer to this question. Ride courteously and show respect to all other user and both these tracks will probably remain open to all vehicles. Rip up the tracks, leave the gates open, frighten the sheep, or endanger the lives of my children by riding too fast through the villages, and they will probably very soon be sufficient evidence to support a restriction on both these routes. Moreover, any motorcyclist or four wheel driver who fails to demonstrate respect to the country code, had better stick very strictly to the legal routes. If as much as a moulding plug from a tyre touches private land and the driver has the misfortune of being spotted by any of our staff, the machinery caught damaging the land will be held subject to a release fee and report to police. I'm certain that the majority of riders/drivers are in support of this and therefore you are encouraged to spread the word and condem others who do not. If you've already met me on either of these tracks, I my well have passed the time of day with you and shared the sweetness of the season, otherwise I may have been angry and abused you using local expressions and even threatening physical violance (I suffer from a brain disorder that makes anger look like real anger). You'll spot me, I frown a lot.
In my neck of the woods as we have loads of "expert" rambliars who like to think they know what is legal or not. Our TRF group have worked with all the stakeholders and produced these signs.

BOAT-Sign.jpg
BOAT-Sign.jpg (45.83 KiB) Viewed 1859 times

Personally when I have come across "tossers on crossers" and other non legal vehicles or those acting inappropriately have called the number on the sign and given the location details.

I understand that the Southern TRF are impressed by what we have done and are working with their local Council to instigate their own version. It certainly helps avoid conflict with other byeway users.

B)
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
sam_trf

Post by sam_trf »

So im a tosser with a crosser who was riding an insured, taxed and mot'd bike on a perfectly legal signposted byway?
Brian Snail

Post by Brian Snail »

Excellent. Who actually provides and erects the signs? Local Council or highways? Love the fact you have the stakeholders logos - engendering affinity...
sexysi

Post by sexysi »

Sam_trf

He didn't say that. :(

He didn't call you a tosser with a crosser

si
Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

2013 Triumph tiger 800 xc

1998 Honda XR 250L

2003 CCM 404 DS

2005 MGTF

https://www.youtube.com/user/kentbyways

http://www.kent-byways.co.uk/

-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

sam_trf wrote:So im a tosser with a crosser who was riding an insured, taxed and mot'd bike on a perfectly legal signposted byway?
Nobody said that Sam. You weren't even referenced in his post. As I said already, read the black and white, leave what you feel and who you might think he's talking about out of it. You are not a mind reader. I bet the poster didn't have you anywhere in his mind when he wrote that.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Em-J

Post by Em-J »

Locking this thread as it's gone off topic. Please start a new thread to continue original topic of discussion.

Thanks, Em

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”