The Motorcycle Diaries - Che

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
scouse

Re: The Motorcycle Diaries - Che

Post by scouse »

ricogebs wrote:I thought the 2 part Steven Soderbergh epic titled "Che" was an amazing film. Very emotive and beautifully shot and casted (Benicio del Toro's finest acting performance to date)
...... well recommended to all persons interested in the Guevara phenomenon.

Rico.
Fantastic films and got closer to the anti-hero that he really was. A man with a huge vison that became clouded and eventually lost it all in what unusually for him was a badly planned attempt at a coup that backfired in so many ways..
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
ricogebs

Post by ricogebs »

agreed scouse........ it wasn't his only error of judgement though. His exploits in the Congo, Africa, were a disaster, sending the already impoverished people (who were slaves to the Belgians amongst others) into internal feuds and murderous frenzies. The country is still caught up in this murderous cycle today, although I don't put this all down to Guevara.
Its interesting to imagine how Guevara would act in the revolutionary struggles in the Middle East and North Africa today.

rico.
GIDEON

Post by GIDEON »

Thanks now I have to read it, thanks a lot my brain say thanks :laugh:
"Horsepower is an illusory Mathematical equation

Torque is the source of all Good things in the world"
scouse

Post by scouse »

The journey is now officially over. The Cuban government has today announced the passing of Che's childhood friend and owner of the famous motorcycle in the diaries, Alberto Granado from natural causes; the last compadre of the ride is no more.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
James691

Post by James691 »

And so it is with things. Do what you can, while you can :) rest well Senor.
Dancing in the moonlight
davsato

Post by davsato »

James691 wrote:
I loved this flim, it was in Spanish but it does come with subbies for those that don't Habla. Unles there is a dubbed version?
Noooooooo!!!!!

dubbed films should be banned! you lose so much when voices are dubbed, they always choose completely wrong voices for each character, and the facial expressions dont match the inflections in the voice, its alright for stonefaced chinese movies, but european languages are very expressive especially spanish.
if people cant get on with subtitles they need to learn to read quicker!
i watched silence of the lambs in stockholm when it was released, in english with swedish subs. i wet myself laughing when he said "im having an old friend for dinner" and got some strange looks, of course they were 5 seconds behind reading the subs! nobody else laughed anyway, no sense of humour, swedes.
Dave

Return to “VIDEOS”