Hampshire.

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
Gedge

Re: Hampshire.

Post by Gedge »

davsato wrote:hi gedge (are you the gran passo guy?) yeah "sarahs" dissappeared when they re-tarmaced the patch the van was on, and never came back. i like to think they found a better spot and didnt go under.

trish's does great baguettes, but doesnt seem to be there many times i go out.

we have an informal sunday breakfast club with the 50/50 object of having a little ride and stuffing our faces, we've found the best breakfasts are in pubs! most of the chains do breakfasts and this time of year its nice to be indoors out of the wind, our favourites are
harvester (bacon, pancakes & maple syrup, nom nom nom, unlimited tea & coffee too)
the great oak in petersfield (all you can eat cooked to order, £7.25, also very good unlimited continental breakfast £5ish if you dont want cooked)
and the alma (one of those carvery type pubs, but they do an unlimited breakie too)
Yep thats me, although nowadays you are more likely to see me on the Terra..saving the Morini for sunday best... :P

Trish doesnt do sundays but as you say the pub chains do a good full english...Compton Abbas airfield is also a good stop off on a longer ride..once you have worked up an appetite down Zig Zag Hill :woohoo:
davsato

Post by davsato »

Gedge wrote:...Compton Abbas airfield is also a good stop off on a longer ride..once you have worked up an appetite down Zig Zag Hill :woohoo:
both are on the route for my saturday rideout during the new forest rally in july
Dave
k12pfc

Post by k12pfc »

drdaveboy wrote:Would say the harvester eat all you can brekkie is probably better value for money than loomies big brekkie at a whopping £8.95 , think some people started to eat in pub opposite loomies with 2 meals for £10 but agree tea is good at loomies
The pub opposite is the West Meon hut, food is brilliant cheap and they welcome bikers. It's still a great place to watch bikes tearing off from the lights at the crossroads, loomies is still the place to be for atmosphere just not for food or friendly service.its a shame so much more could be done there. I wish I had the money to buy it.
Play up Pompey
davsato

Post by davsato »

They need to decide if its a car park or a bike park, its a nightmare sometimes
Dave
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

davsato wrote:They need to decide if its a car park or a bike park, its a nightmare sometimes
Get there early, park facing the A32 lined up with a gap in the hoops and exit via the grass and jobs a good 'un..leave the sportsbikes and Harleys to struggle out between all the vehicles
davsato

Post by davsato »

i dont really rate the place so i dont go that often.
theres nearly always room in the 1st few spaces by the entrance, not many bikes have a good enough turning circle and they dont want to do a 15 point turn with everyone watching, or i park in the layby over the road when its busy after watching the domino effect once, some 5' idiot on a GS that couldnt touch the ground properly. hope it was nobody on here, he got quite hurt actually, he was so close to the next door bike he couldnt get out from in between.
Dave

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”