First Aid

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
fionaann

First Aid

Post by fionaann »

Today at work (Asda) i had a first aid call, a man had collapsed just beside me, think it was a heart attack, i was first on the scene, he went blue, no pulse, called for an ambulance, me and my first aider did CPR on him until the paramedics came, when they came i stept back, then BANG the shock set in, my legs started shaking, felt sick and was welling up in the shop, had to taken away for a sweet cup of coffee and chocolate, then took out for fresh air, came home had a lovely meal, then sat down to a few drinks, the man who fell came ok, he is fine xx
Life is for living so go out there and live it, have fun, be happy.
Steve T

Re: First Aid

Post by Steve T »

Glad your now fine and that the individual concerned has recovered.

Shock doesn't just affect the injured or ill person - those involved in helping can suffer it as well. We all deal with it differently at every occurence, but just remember that you did what you'd been trained to do and what you and your collegue did helped keep the individual alive.

You did good - have a slurp of something warming on me ;)

Steve T

B)

PS - can Jim come out to play tomorrow? :whistle:
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
HUDDERS

Post by HUDDERS »

Nice one Fi
fionaann

Post by fionaann »

Hi Steve, thank you for that lovely comment, im ok now,ive had a few drinks and chilled, yes jim can go play tomorrow, what time you thinking ;) Jim is on the JD and coke haha
Life is for living so go out there and live it, have fun, be happy.
Bada bing

Post by Bada bing »

Nice one, lifesaver
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

fionaann wrote: . . . yes jim can go play tomorrow, what time you thinking ;) Jim is on the JD and coke haha
I'm hooking up with a few from MCMC @ Elgin Tesco's @ 10. Heading for Spean Bridge, hopefully via the Dava. The F8GS needs a proper shake down run after my fettling, before Galloway, so I reckon tomorrow will be good for that.

I'll roll past yours on the way into town tomorrow - if the curtains closed I'll carry on riding :woohoo:

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Well done Fi, you jumped and went into automatic mode when so many others would have took a step back.
Just think..... You saved someone's life today! How cool is that :)

Ade
davsato

Post by davsato »

good for you gal, sounds like you probably saved his life not many people get to do that be very chuffed with yourself :)

tell that jim to stop posting rude pics of you and take you out for a nice dinner and a calming bottle of wine xxx
Dave
africajim

Post by africajim »

I'll have you know I stopped to a 1st aid shout today as well, at the Tesco's roundabout in Elgin! As both being registered 1st aiders we constantly have to deal with these situations.
I may well take the occasional photo of Fiona's camel's toe, but I do have feelings!

It's been a long day, we have both drank serious amounts of whisky,,, and whiskey! (JD)!
There have been tears spilled today, that's life for 1st aiders. We live with it. Some day, you may be gratefull, you never know.
We do not look for any sympathy, or thanks. We simply are.
Sweet dreams baby, you did well, tomorrow's another day,,,,.
Honda, the power of dreams.
davsato

Post by davsato »

bluuuurgh! whisky is like TCP, its ok to dab on grazes but never take internally! :sick:
Dave

Return to “THE PUB”