Helmet choice; Schuberth/Shark

Does my ass look big in these?
dusz

Helmet choice; Schuberth/Shark

Post by dusz »

Hi
I currently have a Caberg Justissimo flip front helmet. I like the flip front but there are two small niggles. One is that even with the chin vent open I find that I have to ride with the visor slightly open to prevent misting, I might add that the inside of the visor is treated with anti-mist. The other issue is noise. When I put in my ear plugs it goes quiet but when I put my helmet on it is as though the ear plugs have been taken out. This happens irrespective of which of the three types of ear plugs I have. It is quieter than without ear plugs but not as quiet as without the helmet. Is this normal or a function of the helmet/my head/ears?

This started me thinking on chaging my helmet. The two options, provided the fit/cumfort is OK, could be either a Schberth C3 or a Shark Evoline 2. The Schuberths have a reputation for being very quiet and has pinlock but at a cost. The Shark is more wallet friendly but does not have pinlock so would it mist up the same as the Justissimo and would it be any quieter.

Has anyone out there had a Justissimo and either a Schuberth C3 or the Shark Evoline 2 who could give me their comparative comments.

Thanks
Jeremy
MarkN

Re: Helmet choice; Schuberth/Shark

Post by MarkN »

There was a really good kit test on flip-front helmets in a recent ABR mag where the Schuberth came out on top.

I've owner an earlier Schuberth C2 and also a Nolan and the Schuberth was a much better helmet, a lot quieter and much better made. The hinges worked really nicely, the locks went "clunk" and the sun visor mechanism was really smooth, all the total opposite to the cheaper Nolan.

Not what you asked for but I hope it helps?
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

You can fit the pinlock to any visor

When you buy a new pinlock insert it has the two post's that they fit on

I have a C3 helmet, it's ok but not with out it's downside's

You need to try them on and see what suit's you the best :)
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

I'm happy with the Justissimo I've just bought, but recognise the faults you've mentioned. The only way I could justify a Schuerth would be on safety, but is your head 4 times more protected than with a hundred pound helmet?
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

My husband has the Shark Evoline 2 and the Schuberth C3. The wind noise in the Shark really gets on his nerves as he had a C2 before, so after a year of the Shark he bought the C3.
Personnally I prefer the Shark as it flips right over and I find the Schuberth too enclosed and a I feel bit cut off from the outside world as it is a very quiet lid.
I am considering buying the Shark this year, apparently the Evoline 3 is quieter than the 2.
davsato

Post by davsato »

new sharks are evoline3

im still very happy with my evoline1, the '2 and '3 are even better. cant get my head in a schuberth, they are not comfy for me
Dave
suffolkgsrider

Post by suffolkgsrider »

On my third Schuberth.

Enough said :-)
2005 BMW 1150 GSA

Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel.
boristhebold

Post by boristhebold »

Had a C2 which was great, then tried the C3 it was OK but I tried a BMW system 6 and went for that. It just fitted better. Great helmet so worth looking at as some dealers have offers on it
All the reviews of the Shark have it as a noisy helmet. I'd have an issue with that personally but each to their own

I don't believe this 'how valuable is your head' rubbish that some people spout when they've spent £600 on a new Arai. A decent £100 helmet that fits someone properly is a btter proposition than a £600 ill fitting helmet...IMHO
Get what fits properly first and foremost.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

suffolkgsrider wrote:On my third Schuberth.

Enough said :-)
and they are on offer at H.G. cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
suffolkgsrider

Post by suffolkgsrider »

Or try www.hideout-leathers.co.uk near Saffron Walden for good gear!
SGR
2005 BMW 1150 GSA

Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel.

Return to “CLOTHING”