French Win.....

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
davsato

Re: French Win.....

Post by davsato »

LWR has just said, he WAS warned. B)

ADV and some other sites have a forum where you can show your inner prick and write what you like to eachother with no mod involvement, its "JO MOMMA" on ADV i think. some of the threads in there are highly amusing, if you want pages and pages of rabid saliva dribbling rage, just start one saying "harley davidson- the american dneiper?" or "ban guns".
Dave
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

What the hells "TROLLING" when its at home ???? :huh:
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

PHILinFRANCE wrote:What the hells "TROLLING" when its at home ???? :huh:
Members of the Forum that may not even do or like what the forum is about, that deliberately post comments designed to cause argument or annoyance in the forum.

The best way to stop this is not to reply to anything they post, however some "Trolls" appear to be friendly then just have a go because that what they are about.

There have been some serial Trollers that are banned from a great amount of sites.

Easier to spot on a site like this as a lot of posters actually know each other.

:)
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Cheers Madrat ................you learn something everyday
palace15

Post by palace15 »

[quote="MadRat"

Easier to spot on a site like this as a lot of posters actually know each other.

:)[/quote]

And you are so right with this comment, there seems to be a very bad clique mentality on here.
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

palace15 wrote:[quote="MadRat"

:)
And you are so right with this comment, there seems to be a very bad clique mentality on here.[/quote]

I think you're in the minority with that.

A lot of members on here that live close to each other have met for rideouts, plus many members have formed friendships meeting at the ABR rallies.

That's where this forum has been succesful.

If all some people want to do is spend time on a keyboard instead of getting out and about
they're bound to feel left out.

Eveyone is welcome to become an "ABR".
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

I cannot say I have noticed the cliques. Just friends forming perfectly normal closer relations for common interest and geographical reasons.

I have noticed a small (fortunately) group that consistently post negative or acidic posts rather than anything positive or with any informative useful content.

Furthermore, and at the risk of being called a sycophant again,I would recommend this forum to anyone as the crap and trolls are regulated.

What confuses me is that people criticise the forum but keep coming back to it. :blink: Why they do not just go somewhere else is beyond me, unless they do not possess that level of intelligence.
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Might be getting slightly off topic but I'm getting more convinced the 'didn't see you' is actually more like 'i saw you but went anyway' ! I commute into wembely every day and once in almost every trip I have to take avoiding action where people come out in front of me on roundabouts or change lanes into my path. It's not as if the Tenere is a small bike, and the headlights it on too. I wear a black / yellow HG jacket. Loads of times I've had to come to a stop on a roundabout when someone just sails out in front of me. Or what about coming the other way? Yep pull out onto my side of the road to overtake parked cars so I have to ride in the gutter or stop myself - when I have right of way! Just as well I'm old enough to shrug it off now as 20 years ago I'd be pulling people out of cars. :whistle:
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
doctorzippy

French Win.....

Post by doctorzippy »

This article, written by an RAF fighter pilot, explains why people fail to see other vehicles including bikes. High Viz will only make a difference in contrast terms - making you stand out from your surroundings, but won't necessarily result in you being seen...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/90471/1211%20R ... 0Final.pdf
Life is a journey, not a destination

Return to “THE PUB”