Where and how far

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Willy_Eckerslike

Re: Where and how far

Post by Willy_Eckerslike »

If the only limit you have is budget then why would you travel by the most expensive means? You could see the whole world with that amount of cash if you just left the motorcycle at home.....
A ship is safe in harbour, but that’s not what ships are for. – Grace Hopper
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Scanadanavia,Faroes, Iceland.
That'll be the £8k gone right there :laugh:
Would like the Balkans... Croatia,Montenegra, Former Yugo etc.
Any spare change would go toward shipping the bike over for the TAT
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

In no particular order but.....

Oz and New Zealand

Japan and Korea

Vietnam and Cambodia

Argentina (last time I was near an Argentinan it was not exactly friendly :pinch: ) Chile

India

Just go east as far as possible

China, Mongolia

Afgan, Iraq and Iran

lap of the med

Follow the foot steps of Lawrence of Arabia

Alaska and the west coast of America

All the ex communist block

Nord cap to South cap

er just a few cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
*Touring Ted*

Post by *Touring Ted* »

That will last you all the way to Capetown...

DO IT !!!
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Tramp wrote:DUBBER. And Orlando haave my vote..why ride through expensive tolls and fuel charged europe..just get cheap flight to east..then buy local economy bike think 125cc then see the place and sell bike on...

We did Senagal and the Gambia for 14 mnths on a old suzuki 125cc enduro two up..stopped in local digs with mozzie net..totaly out of this world..got back what I paid for bike...

India,Thialand..malaysia you could do 12mnths..being frugal and loose some weight too..want a passpatoo..
+1
Now the kids are independant (20 and 24) that's exactly what our holiday plans are in the next few years, we did Morocco this year (fly/hire) and want more. With a decent budget like that I would want to experience other cultures rather than more of the European cr@p we have to conform to everyday so Africa, Asia, South America ...........
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

Down, would it stretch to Cape Town? If it did that'd be great, if not then if it'll get me as far as Rwanda I'll stop there as I've got a friend who runs a language school, so I could teach for a bit to earn enough to go on.
Happiness has 125cc ...
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Jim Lovell wrote:If you had £8000 budget, time, bike, camping kit and an understanding missus :whistle:
Where would you be heading?

Totally hypothetical of course, no ones that lucky hey Barcelona Pat :P :kiss:
:blush: :blush: I think I´m with Harty on this one - I´d head back to North America and spend more time in the wilderness. Plenty of cash in that budget for bike shipping. Yukon / Alaksa was amazing! :)

Pat
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Ship bike to Halifax Canada and ride across Canada to Alaska to the Pacific coast, then follow coast south to Califorina and Route 66 back to the west coast taking in a couple of National parks en route. Ship bike back home. Wishful thinking
*Touring Ted*

Post by *Touring Ted* »

Freeloadeur wrote:Down, would it stretch to Cape Town? If it did that'd be great, if not then if it'll get me as far as Rwanda I'll stop there as I've got a friend who runs a language school, so I could teach for a bit to earn enough to go on.
Liverpool to Capetown cost me £8,000 over about seven months. £1000 of that was spent in Europe on the way down too. That was including EVERYTHING apart from the bike. I mostly camped and hostelled in the cities. It's very doable as long as you're not 'precious'.. :P
bull

Post by bull »

myself and the wife were to do Europe again this month, but funds were low so we put it off to next year hopefully. i might put the gear on the bike near the end of next month and head off by myself for a week to England and Scotland and ride all the way around bye the cost. i will be able to rough it by myself and so keep the cost down. but if i had £8000 i would drink as much of it as i could :P

Return to “TRAVEL”