Finished...

The Things We Ride
johnnyboxer

Finished...

Post by johnnyboxer »

Last November, I bought another XR250 (after owning 4-5 previously and having sold my last one in 2004) after realising they are probably one of the best trailbikes ever made

Simple, robust and with some nice Honda-esque touches, like KYB fully adjustable suspension, Nissin brakes, DID rims, alloy swingarm, full legal lighting and horn/speedo etc and only weighing 109kg dry

This one is a 1998 one, in white (I reckon the best colour for XR's) and I got it from eBay and as it turned out from someone I knew in the end

It had only covered 3500 miles (MOT verified) in 14 years, but had 9 previous owners and although it was cosmetically in good order it had a few issues and was in need of an overhaul

So, it was a bit of a work-in-progress and now it's finished

I've polished and painted, plus serviced the forks, put new seals in the calipers, fresh fluid and fitted new Honda pads (although the bike had new pads in it), checked the valves, cleaned the carb and fitted new Honda jets,fitted new head bearings and rear wheel bearings,greased the suspension linkages, fresh oil and air/oil filter changes, plus fitted new Honda levers, Honda plastics and re-fitted the proper Honda number plate holder and rear lights/reflector, plus a new Honda kickstart

Additionally I've made it 'trail-ready' with Renthal high bars, Barkbusters, Frameguards and a Gadget Bashplate

She now is 'factory fresh'

Some may question my sanity, on a 14 year old bike - but I really like these bikes and make really good 'pony trekkers'

Took her out for an evening ride, earlier in the week in the late summer sun

First pic was taken in the nearby village, at St Mary's Church -popped in to see my Dad and introduce my latest steed (Dad took me down from Yorkshire to pick up my first XR250 @ Taylor Racing in Chippenham in 1996, so it was only proper to show him)

Masham market place

Sometimes on a summer's evening......................249cc is all you need
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Scott_rider

Re: Finished...

Post by Scott_rider »

Very nice B)
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
The Wilbur

Post by The Wilbur »

Sure it will continue to bring that :lol: to your face.
SUCK : SQUEEZE : BANG : BLOW

www.f650.co.uk
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

Its looks belie its age. Great bike.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Cheers, she's a cracker and it's satisfying when you finally get everything done and you can ride the trails (I've already had a few days out ;) )

Lovely bikes and still very popular
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
phil2378

Post by phil2378 »

very nice :) :)
:) :) ;)

Return to “BIKES”