Do you want to lose your hair?

Tents, Sleeping Bags, Oxygen Chambers...that kinda stuff
Warthog

Do you want to lose your hair?

Post by Warthog »

Do you want to increase your chances of a cardiac event?
Do you want to enjoy all that stress-based impotence has to offer?

If you do then buy from Fiueld & Trek online.

If not, don't.....:angry:

Incompetent idiots....
Alun

Re: Do you want to lose your hair?

Post by Alun »

I presume you mean 'Field and Trek'? What's the story?
Warthog

Post by Warthog »

Mid december ordered two Chrimbo prezzies online, despatched the next day only to notice that their database had inserted the name of the former recipient in the latter's address in the confirmation email.
No big deal you might say until I point out that the two people were a now divorced couple who have not spoken for 13 years: a tad embarrasssing for me...

I send 3 queries that same morning, asking for this to be rectified forthwith: not one answer and problem unresolved...

One parcel gets delivered to UK as planned, luckily all addresses binned in the process: disaster avoided thanks to chance rather than retail efficiency.

Other parcel attempted delivery to Spain: first attempt consignee on hols. Second attempt address incorrect (although it was not). So how can you go somewhere to establish the person is away yet later claim to have the wrong address?
Idiots.

I email DHL: they email back saying it is not their department, "please email this other DHL department". Twice.
Have they never heard the "forward" button?!? No.

Now recipient is on holiday till Feb and DHL still can't track it as F&T gave me a UK code for an International delivery...:blink:

Finally get a number for F&T online (sportsdirect.com) and speak to someone who just says the address is wrong....:pinch:

It is just incompetence piled on incompetence with a healthy wodge of apathy thrown in. The worst is that F&T is one of these companies that does not provide a phone number for complaints or problems, but an online form that you never get a copy of:no responses, and no paper trail, either so you can't prove you ever sent the query.

Unprofessional.

All this from Estonia and about 50 mins of cumulative "on hold" music and "your call is of no importance to us, please hold your **** and p!ss in an electrical socket"...

and the automated response menus, oh how I've missed them.... GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

If I hadn't given up drinking, I'd be typing this with a whisky bottle next to me...
Feel a bit better now...

Facking morons
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

That's it Warthog, let it all out mate...and breathe! :)

I fully sympathise mate, although I've been fortunate to miss the glory of Field and Trek, I've had my fair share of incompetence and apathy from people who were very organised when it came to taking my payment but pretty much went downhill from there!
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

I only run a small business but have allways been hot on comunication, don't the management of these companies ever ring in as a "mystery shopper" to check on the service they offer? :angry:
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
davsato

Post by davsato »

you know the weather screwed up the mail service here before christmas? my god, some places mustve had at least two inches of snow! it was dreadful
Dave

Return to “TRAVEL GEAR”