Syphon Fuel Safely

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
Jim Lovell

Syphon Fuel Safely

Post by Jim Lovell »

Don't get fuel in your mouth it tastes teriible and repeats on you more than Eastenders :laugh:

Get two lengths of pipe, one long and one short. Place the longer pipe into the fuel and the shorter pipe into the filler of the tank or fuel can. Block the area around the pipes with a rag to make air tight and blow down the shorter pipe. This increase in pressure will be enough to force the fuel out of the longer pipe with no ingestion or mess. ;)
Real men ride twins ;-)
Fern

Re: Syphon Fuel Safely

Post by Fern »

and don't light a cigarette whilst doing this.... or eat flaming christmas pudding. :evil: :woohoo:
bull

Post by bull »

a yes the syphon hose, once the most important part of every adventure bikers tool kit, not that any of us ever used it, :whistle:
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

I use a beer making kit syphon, fuel does not appear to dissolve the plastic.
BIG DON

Post by BIG DON »

TP50.png
TP50.png (339.62 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
B)

Got one of these mainly kept in a Landrover but I have used it on a bike, once had to transfer fuel from one bike to another it strips down for cleaning and as can be seen comes with a tyre inflater adaptor so covers that option as well.
Agree fuel does not taste nice :laugh:

Its a Seeley TP50 Transfer pump

BIG D
Selous

Post by Selous »

I know on my bike there is no fuel tap, but some of the older bikes turn the fuel of take the tube from the tank let it run out in to a Continent then turn tap of & put tube back on.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
tomtom

Post by tomtom »

I had the throttle cable go not long after I filled up with fuel today and remebered your post. I gave it a go and it worked realy well, will keep a couple of tubes on the bike just incase

Good one Jim

Return to “HOW TO..........”