Its raining

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Hullygully

Re: Its raining

Post by Hullygully »

Its been pissing down here in Norf lincs since 03.am ( I got up for a piss) to-day we were supposed to be showing the classic bike at a doo in Caistor...rain has stopped play, its a shame all the effort that goes into running these events and to get rained off its shit, and its my Birthday....hope it clears for next week, as we head off for the Pryenees.... B)
You can always tell a yorkshireman, but yer cant tell um much....
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

It's a bank holiday, what did you expect...... :laugh: :laugh:
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

So instead of a nice day bimbling round the Cotswolds, I'm heading off to Hein Gericke in Brum to look at riding kit for the missus. ;)

Will pop into the daughters at Solihull on the way back, better save some dough for my grandaughter. :pinch:

MotoGP set to record for later.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
stumpym4

Post by stumpym4 »

Treadtrader wrote: I'm heading off to Hein Gericke in Brum to look at riding gear
Im thinking of heading there later for a nosey as well ... I may pick the wife up from work at 2 and head over there .
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Applecross and Ullapool were stunning yesterday until bike died and I was trailered home :(

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
AckAckFlack

Post by AckAckFlack »

Great day for a ride !
There's never bad weather ....just bad gear.

Bank holiday= rain but there will be less traffic so get out and ride.... Sadly I have family duties :-(
BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it :-)

The journey aimed to challenge the perception of blindness…

Usually People call me Sir... closely followed by 'You are making a scene!'
NDC.

Post by NDC. »

And I'm in Wales in a caravan watching the GP. Otherwise I would be out ;) :whistle:
You get wet on my rides if it's sunny..... Ask Nibby :silly:

You Tube Xtra Rough Road Channel

xttony

Post by xttony »

i did west coast of scotland early this year just as that hurraican hit us from usa.you call this rain.you should have bin with us?30yrs of rideing and ive never ever seen it like that.but we still had a good week.go figure.
Attachments
harris013.jpg
harris013.jpg (47.74 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
Throttled

Post by Throttled »

Redmurty wrote:Applecross and Ullapool were stunning yesterday until bike died and I was trailered home :(

cheers Spud ;)
Bummer. I made it to Fort Augustus last month before I had to be recovered home after a puncture. What happened to you?
YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer
Paul

Post by Paul »

It's dry but cold and windy in Cumbria if anyones heading this way!
My bike is half way through a service after my Sahara trip, made a mistake of pulling bits off it before I bought the new filters etc, Honda Carlisle didn't have an air filter in stock so it's wednesday before I am back on two wheels. Could put the old one back in I guess but with the amount of Fly's and sand in it I don't fancy that, and anyway
I am a bit pre-occupied with the campsite and the 50,000 gypsies heading my way :unsure: for the annual horse fair at Appleby :(
I have cut the grass so there is nothing for the horses to eat, taken the signs down, barbed wired the side gate and turned the water and electricity off.
The authorities have put wooden posts with no stopping signs along the roadside and I have loaded my gun :evil: bring it on!

Return to “TRAVEL”