Scotland, and I've thrown the Vara up the road!

Where you've been and what you done
africajim

Scotland, and I've thrown the Vara up the road!

Post by africajim »

Hi all, well a few of us from the NE of Scotland decided to have a ride out today. Myself, Largewayround and Steve T met in Tomintoul at 11.00 this morning and set off on an adventure!
We headed over the Brig o Broon and down the back road to Nethy Bridge, from there to Coylum bridge. Lunchstop was in Newtonmore truck stop then I led down my favourite stretch of road, Newtonmore to Spean bridge. As a brief interlude we headed up the old General Wade road known as the corrieairrack pass, the undulating nature of the road made grabbing some air with the Vara a must! I reckon around 3 feet off the deck at one point! Then back to the main event! We'd agreed to meet up in the large layby before the Laggan dam if we split up, as we did, so I pulled in, and as I waited decided to take a quick run up a dirt track and unfortunately threw the Varadero up the road! Gravel rash to the crash bars, belly pan and the back brake pedal is almost bent double! Oh well, it's an adventure bike!
The others arrived and laughed at my misgivings so we headed on our way to Spean bridge and on to Fort Augustus, our refuelling point.
We then headed up the east side of Loch Ness, less touristy! Across the A9 and back roads to Cawdor, Ferness and down through Dunphail. Round by Dallas then said goodbye to LWR as he headed over the hill to Ballindalloch and myself and Steve T headed back to Elgin.

Good company, good roads, good weather and good craic, that's the makings of an adventure!
Honda, the power of dreams.
Steve T

Re:Scotland, and I've thrown the Vara up the road!

Post by Steve T »

Battle scars! We need to see the battle scars :laugh:

Oh, and the word for the day is . . . . .
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
africajim

Post by africajim »

OH Cock!
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

:)
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

Glad its only cosmetic damage,
good that you can laugh about it
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

africajim

Post by africajim »

Well, the crashbars touched up fine with satin hammerite, the plastics I rubbed down and polished with back to black, hardly notice! The belly pan gouges are all underneath so not noticable, the brake pedal turned limp with a bit of heat and straightened up fine, so the mighty Varadero is ready for it's next adventure, down to Galloway forest park for a run through the forest! Bring it on!
I've learnt just how much you can push the thing before it fights back! Ha ha! On with the adventure!B)
Alun

Post by Alun »

Nice one AJ, I,ll see if I can pull a similar stunt on the Tiger in the morning.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”