Gloves

Does my ass look big in these?
Warthog

Re: Gloves

Post by Warthog »

I tend to suffer in heat more than I do cold, so perhaps I am a little more forgiving of winter gear. Nonetheless, if you ride in winter, you will get cold if your kit is not up to scratch. For this reason, I have consistently gone back and bought Hein Gericke two-finger Pathans.

They are very comfy, surprisingly dextrous (once you get used to them and stop trying to give other drivers the "finger") and waterproof.

They are well made and their only failing, IMO, is a lack of any additional impact padding in the palms or knuckles.

For the price I paid(approx £35-40), I think they are hard to beat.

Pathan Gloves at HG

Now up to £50, but seem to have more adjustment/specs.
2 wheeled tourist

Post by 2 wheeled tourist »

Summer time it’s the leather gloves, usually Frank Thomas, and in the colder climates it’s a thick pair of textile gloves, Frank Thomas’ “Anti Freeze” glove, with Kangaroo leather too, but these make ya hands a bit smelly after a bit :sick: but they’re warm as hell…:evil:

It may depended on the time of year and or conditions too, take a spare pair, that’s what I do, no fun having cold, wet hands/gloves, or be prepared to stand in the Men’s Room and use the Hand-Driers’ :whistle:
Hey! I'm a tourist. And that's how I like it.
herman

Post by herman »

Just a little tipette...carry a spare pair of gloves in your armpits as near to skin as poss ,nice warm dry gloves and only a little smelly. B)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Paul

Post by Paul »

herman wrote:Just a little tipette...carry a spare pair of gloves in your armpits as near to skin as poss ,nice warm dry gloves and only a little smelly. B)
As a bonus you can walk around like Arnie, and your hands get the Lynx effect. The women will love it, just watch out for the little curly hairs. :laugh: :laugh:

Return to “CLOTHING”