STOP SMOKING CHALLENGE

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Paul

Re: STOP SMOKING CHALLENGE

Post by Paul »

Having started this thread I thought I better raise my head. Still off the fags but had to resort to Champix, they are really doing it for me having tried patches, mints etc, really struggling and like a bear with a sore head.
I now only get a craving when I first wake up in the morning, so to combat that I have changed my routine and it's working, like confusing myself until the Champix kicks in if that makes sense!
I must admit I do feel better and I know it's discusting but I had a real shock when after a while things began to loosen up, the stuff that I was coughing up was indescribable, yak, horrid and quite scary.

Anyway hope you are all doing ok, just keep going :) :)
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

well done everyone
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

James691

Post by James691 »

Paul wrote: I must admit I do feel better and I know it's discusting but I had a real shock when after a while things began to loosen up, the stuff that I was coughing up was indescribable, yak, horrid and quite scary.
Ain't that the truth!! :sick: nasty stuff - BUT - better out than in :)
Dancing in the moonlight
Dodgygeeza

Post by Dodgygeeza »

I made it to 6 weeks yesterday, and the kids, missus and the dog are all still talking to me (unlike on my last attempt).
Hasn`t been too bad. I think I`d prepared better psychologically this time, although NuCig has definately helped at times, but I try not to use it as a replacement, more as an emergency measure for when things get desperate.

Anyway, well done to all who have stuck at it, and to those who haven`t quite made it, keep trying.

Cheers
Paul
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

What a fantastic feeling to swap the guilt and feelings of failure for the achievement of stopping! On top of that you start to feel better, have a better sense of smell and food tastes so good!

Really pleased for you all - I know how tough it is to give up.
knobblywobbly

Post by knobblywobbly »

It'll be 5 weeks for me on Monday. I've stopped using the patches and now only use the inhilator. Still no lapses although there are times when I would really enjoy a fag. I just have to remember that I'm now a none smoker.

Sent by my mobile phone coz it's smarter than me!
peterekins

Post by peterekins »

Good luck all who try. The main thing is to believe you realy want to give up, any other reason, money, health, nagging wife/girlfriend/boyfriend, etc, dosn't work. also think of it as tax avoidance.
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

So, who's still not smoking?

I gave up New Years Eve/Day and it didn't bother me until i had a beer yesterday so looks like i gotta give that up too. :unsure:
Real men ride twins ;-)
Paul

Post by Paul »

Jim Lovell wrote:So, who's still not smoking?

I gave up New Years Eve/Day and it didn't bother me until i had a beer yesterday so looks like i gotta give that up too. :unsure:
Oh James, I had completely forgotten all about the challenge. Sorry to tell you mate!

It has been 10 months and three weeks since I had a fag. The start of this challenge in fact.
I will tell you my secret because I think every smoker trying to stop should use it.

Just go to your nearest smoking councilor and ask for "Champix" you have to explain that you have tried time and time again because it is serious shit. I think they give it to schizophrenics.
In my case it worked without effort, never had a craving but did go a bit mental, ok now though and fag free.
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Well done mate, thats great.

Thanks for the heads up, i smoked last night but i,m gonna try again mate with will power if that doesn't work drugs it is :laugh:

I never had any cravings, infact, i didn't even think of it until that first beer :S
Real men ride twins ;-)

Return to “THE PUB”