ANYONE USE TKC 80S

The essential art of farkling.
Greg

Re: ANYONE USE TKC 80S

Post by Greg »

I got my last set of pre-Scout K60's from these AW Motocycles in Doncaster (01302 338600)
They had 150's in stock at the time, but they were the last of the pre-eco tyres ....

Treehuggers have got a lot to answer for :angry:

G
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

im on a 130

the bigger boys follow the list for the k60 scout

hope the link works

http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/mot ... ,70,T.html
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Paul C wrote:
Minky ... what size did you buy..? I can't see the 150 listed.
That's why I asked where they were available. It's seems GS sizes are hard to come by. :(
Would this do?

[ebay]280572638245[/ebay]
Paul C

Post by Paul C »

I'm going to have to check the manual, not sure but thought rear was 17" :blush:
A quick Google says:
Front Tire Size: 110/80 R19
Rear Tire Size: 150/70 R17
...just checked the manual, which agrees.

But I'll certainly check eBay, thank you.:)
...I just want to ride!
Sprockette

Post by Sprockette »

Hmmm...TKC80s on my bandit 6? Sounds like ground-clearance-limited fun, fun, fun! They do the right recommended sizes apart from being slightly out on the profile, and I'd have to use two rears of course. Maybe someone could work some profile magic somehow. :woohoo: I have some hefty engine bars fitted for the inevitable drops.

Wonder what I could use as a bash plate...
T.REX63

Post by T.REX63 »

Paul C wrote:
That's why I asked where they were available. It's seems GS sizes are hard to come by. :(
I communicated directly with Heidenau in Germany and they told me about 6 weeks ago that the 150 size for the rear of the big GS is most likely not available until spring of 2011.

We're having difficulties getting the Heidis for the big GS in the US as well. Some folks in the US put the 140 size tire on the rear rim. Not a big issue in the US. I know that will not fly in Germany, not sure about the UK...
Greg

Post by Greg »

CRAIGREVO wrote:
Paul C wrote:
Would this do?

[ebay]280572638245[/ebay]
Yaaa ... but as been said the 800 takes a 17 rear. That Ebay seller is the on-line outlet for AW Motorcycles in Donny

G
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

My Wee Strom also has a 150 section 17" rear, so it looks like these Heidenau tyres aren't going to be that cheap after all.
So i shall be looking at the Maxxis again when i need new boots.
Warthog

Post by Warthog »

I've had TKCs on an 1150 GS, and on my TA600.

They are fine and perform exceptionally well on tarmac when you remember that they are almost as knobbly as you can get on a road tyre. Doesn't mean they'll beat a Michelin Pilot Race III and the like as I've sometimes seen suggested over the years!! Also true that they don't last long. For longevity, better to look to the Heidenau k60, or Mefo Explorers.

However, food for thought. Are they speed rated adequately for a bike of the GSA's speed?

Back when they were the OEM fitment for the 1150GSAs there was already a question mark as the speed rating from Continental back then patently wasn't a match for the potential speed of an 1150, and the 1200 is faster!

I've never heard of an MOT failure, or a booking as a result anbd Continental may have up'ed the rating accordingly, but something you might want to be aware of...

Return to “ACCESSORIES”