James691 Road Ride Boil Rally.

James691

Re: James691 Road Ride Boil Rally.

Post by James691 »

Sykesy wrote:me pleasy. Wife maybe with me on this camp, but having done Hardknot pass, i really wouldnt fancy it with a pillion :S Im sure she'll be ok walking up it with the camera! :lol:
You'll be fine :)

Alun did it last year with a pillion, I've done it myself and will be this year. Barcelona Pat even did it on a Cruiser! Now watching his breaks glow was entertaining!! :woohoo:
Dancing in the moonlight
James691

Post by James691 »

Updated - AND for those that have never seen Hardknott pass I have a little video I found on youtube. A guy and his Cruiser zipping up and over the pass may given you some idea of how fun this ride really is....what you see in the vid does not compare to the actual ride!
Dancing in the moonlight
davsato

Post by davsato »

James691 wrote:Updated - AND for those that have never seen Hardknott pass I have a little video I found on youtube. A guy and his Cruiser zipping up and over the pass may given you some idea of how fun this ride really is....what you see in the vid does not compare to the actual ride!

last boil you all did it on the saturday when it was nice and sunny, myself, datsunfan pat and motofrog rich got there a day early and did it on the friday in freezing rain and fog where you couldnt see your hand in front of your face! hardknott and wrynose. which is the one with the pub at the top? there was a cyclist in there begging for hot drinks and a bit of grub, poor sod. he came out for a ride in the sun like we did and found his limit when it turned nasty up the hills in the low cloud. lethal to carry on. we didnt hang around but i hope he got a lift back down, the locals seemed to be quite used to folk not being properly prepared. it turned dodgy fast, ok with a vehicle but walking or cycling? no ta. bet theyve got a good mountain rescue team
Dave
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

James691 wrote:Updated - AND for those that have never seen Hardknott pass I have a little video I found on youtube. A guy and his Cruiser zipping up and over the pass may given you some idea of how fun this ride really is....what you see in the vid does not compare to the actual ride!

I agree - its a great ride out, and James is first class at leading it. Well worth going along.
P
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

James691 wrote:
Sykesy wrote:me pleasy. Wife maybe with me on this camp, but having done Hardknot pass, i really wouldnt fancy it with a pillion :S Im sure she'll be ok walking up it with the camera! :lol:
You'll be fine :)

Alun did it last year with a pillion, I've done it myself and will be this year. Barcelona Pat even did it on a Cruiser! Now watching his breaks glow was entertaining!! :woohoo:
I´ll be thinking of you guys - wouldn´t have missed it last year - a great day (and weekend) - even if the Intruder did shreek like a banshee rolling into the Woolpack!

Picking up Idris from customs in the morning - so I´ll be back on the road soon!

Have a great one, and give Paul and Maria a big hug.
Pat
James691

Post by James691 »

You will be missed Pat :) looking forward to hearing about your adventures my friend - and when you are back I'm looking forward to many a tale around the camp fire over a few glasses of vino :)
Dancing in the moonlight
Big Dave

Post by Big Dave »

Hi James
wouldit be okto turn up on the day/morning and join in the ride out?

Big Dave
Shiney side up
James691

Post by James691 »

Hi Dave! I hope you're keeping well mate :)

More than fine to pitch up and join in!

Looking forward to seeing you again for a catch up dude :)
Dancing in the moonlight
numptyspence

Post by numptyspence »

Have you got room for a little one ?
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Put me down for the ride out please unless someone organises a big bike road tyres lane trip. Thanks.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG

Return to “ABR Boil Rally Cumbria 19th - 22nd April 2012”