STOP SMOKING CHALLENGE

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Dodgygeeza

Re: STOP SMOKING CHALLENGE

Post by Dodgygeeza »

Hi all,

Just seen this post. I had my last roll up at 23.55 on 1st March, and haven`t had one since. The significance of this was that I turned 40 on the 2nd. The last time I gave up was exactly a decade before this when I gave up for nearly 2 years before stupidly "just haveing one" while on holiday. I wont make that mistake this time.
Anyway, I always like a fag when out riding solo, get to some peaceful spot, nlight up and contemplate the meaning of life etc. This is one of the ones I miss the most but a tip for anyone suffering the same sense of loss is to find an ice cream van instead!

Good luck all, and think of the extras petrol you can buy instead

Cheers
Paul
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Keep it up guys. ;)
James691

Post by James691 »

knobblywobbly wrote:Well I'm almost through my second day without a fag and, if I'm honest, it has been nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be. The patches must be helping a great deal, and the inhalator is brilliant when you feel like a fag. I'd worked out that I would probably be on 2 inhalator cartridges per day but have only used 1 in 2 days.

I'm not climbing the walls. I don't feel like I want to kill anyone. I haven't cried (yet)! Early days yet but I'm quite pleased.

How's everyone else getting on?
Not so bad :) day 21 today I think or 20! Must be a good sign if I can't recall how many days, hours and minutes it has been!!

I've been to the Dr and got my 56 patches for £7 whatever a prescription is these days. Just slowly chipping away.

I hope everyone is doing okay :)
Dancing in the moonlight
Snowdog

Post by Snowdog »

Can I join in? I've not had one since 13th Jan, but 30 a day before that for 24 years.
Feeling much better, even starting to manage a jog at the gym.

sent by my droid

BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it

Whatever you do on your path, do it mindfully.
Dodgygeeza

Post by Dodgygeeza »

Snowdog wrote:Can I join in? I've not had one since 13th Jan, but 30 a day before that for 24 years.

sent by my droid
That's what's surprised me most I think, is the fact that I actually feel better already and it's only been a couple of weeks. Anybody watching thinking about quitting, have a go.
Keep it up people
Dodgygeeza

Post by Dodgygeeza »

Snowdog wrote:Can I join in? I've not had one since 13th Jan, but 30 a day before that for 24 years.

sent by my droid
That's what's surprised me most I think, is the fact that I actually feel better already and it's only been a couple of weeks. Anybody watching thinking about quitting, have a go.
Keep it up people
knobblywobbly

Post by knobblywobbly »

So........... how´s everyone getting along without the fags?

It´ll be 3 weeks for me tomorrow, and I haven´t lapsed at all. Still using the patches and inhilator, and have got lower strength patches to start on next week. So far, it´s still been a lot easier than I thought it would be, although I´m sure it´ll be different when it´s finally time to stop using the patches and inhilator :woohoo:
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Been vaping with the Ecig for over a week now and not smoked an analogue ciggie once in this time.
Quite a few times i've had a real craving for a smoke, but its not been as bad as any other of the usual nicotine replacement stuff i've tried in the past. Although i have spent as much on vaping gear so far, as i would have spent on baccy, but this has been the starter kit and a 30ml bottle of nicotine juice. I will be cheaper from now on if i stick with it.
The trouble with this vaping lark though.... is that i can see myself just giving up one addiction by adding another.
SSchultz

Post by SSchultz »

I've been a heavy smoker,30+ a day,for 16years.Last 5 of those 16yrs spent trying to quit.Tried everything,nicotine patches,nicotine gum, you name it...Even isolation up in the mountains,in the wild with no shop or people around(was working there,not quite did it on purpose) :) Everything failed.
26 months ago,for my birthday I made a present myself:an electronic cigarette.Started using it,alternating high,medium and low nicotine concentration.Just vaping,haven't combined it with normal fags.About 1year ago,started to use that thing with juice at 0% nicotine,just playing with different aromas(coffe,cognac,vanilla stuff).
Now I'm clean as a baby.Stopped using it at all for 6months now.Occasionally I pick one up from the drawer(still have a lot of them,unused,as you cannot sell them back,not even ebay :angry: ) and have a puff or two,then I leave it for another couple of months.
Everyone can give up,no matter how addicted they are and how impossible it looks.If you persevere,you'll get there.
Good luck with it :)
Alan
James691

Post by James691 »

Still going strong and even sailed through an ABR Rally without having a smoke around the campfire! That was one of the tests I was not looking forward to.

All down hill from here and I must admit that it just seems to be getting easier and easier now.

Best of luck to everyone on the no smoking trail - 30 odd days gone and I've stopped counting to be honest! :)
Dancing in the moonlight

Return to “THE PUB”