Slovinia and Croatia Trip

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Elle

Re: Slovinia and Croatia Trip

Post by Elle »

I rode down to Slovenia last Sept. It was a bit of a whirlwind trip as I was keen to visit the Dolomites too.
Whilst I enjoy camping, I chose to stay in hostels as it saves a lot of luggage and I get a bed for the night.

I highly recommend the Jazz Hostel in Bled:
http://www.hostels.com/hostels/bled/jaz ... ents/35033

I believe it has a self catering apartment which could be handy if you stay there a while and there's a few of you to share the cost.
The hostel was brilliant - very clean and tidy, a lockable wardrobe in the room and Jani, the hostel owner also made space in his garage for my bike!
He also owns the bar next to the hostel so you can relax each evening over a beer :P

However, Bled is fairly touristy. The nearby Bohinj was less so and there is camping along the lakeside. All the roads in the area are superb :silly:

Don't forget to buy a vignette to use on the motorways in Slovenia - there were several on-the-spot-fine checks (petrol stations have them).
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

Thumbs up for the Vrsig Pass in Slovenia. We were there just before they joined the EU. EXCELLENT value for money then... now who knows?

If you want a good value place to stop 30 mins south of Salzberg, 5 mins off the motorway try here...

http://www.wieseneck.at/english/home.html

We were there 3 summers ago and it was 45 euros each half board. Prices look similar now. Decent food, well looked after etc.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
exrm193

Post by exrm193 »

A few of us rode to Opatija a few years ago. Very nice, just like the South of France, but waaaaaaaaaay cheaper!

Return to “TRAVEL”