What you doing this Summer?

Bikers and riding
Alun

What you doing this Summer?

Post by Alun »

Site member Simon has posted up that he and the Mrs are off to Scotland for 2 weeks of touring this summer so where are you going this year?

I've a trip planned in July where I'll be spending a week or so bopping around the Alps and ending up at a trade show in Fredrichshafen in southern Germany. And I've just noticed that the Touratech HQ is within a stones throw of Fredrichshafen so I'll pop in and have a look at what's going on. Any questions you'd like me to ask them?

I've noted down one question so far - 'where's the cheapest beer in Germany'?
Treadtrader

Re:What you doing this Summer?

Post by Treadtrader »

I'm planning a weeks tour of Ireland with two pals and wives on pillion, end of June.
I've been to Eire many times but usually on fishing trips, so i know the terrain quite well, and of course, the Pubs. Nothing tastes better than a Guiness in a Irish bar in Ireland, pure nectar!!!!
It'll be slow riding most days what with pillion and luggage, but no need to rush around, that't the point of going. Like being back in England before the rest of the world moved in.
Picture_007.jpg
Picture_007.jpg (75.6 KiB) Viewed 1477 times
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Alun

Post by Alun »

I lived in Ireland for about 4 years back in the late 80's before the Celtic Tiger economy took hold. Fantastic place back then where the local shop/undertaker/butchers still doubled up as a bar out west.

At the time I was riding a new ZX10 and it was the only one in the country, mind you couldn't get out of 2nd gear on most of the roads in those days. I've heared it's changed a lot now, they even have motorways and dual carriageways!

What areas are you touring? Dingle was my top spot.
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Rough plan is fast ferry to Dun Laoghaire than through the midlands maybe to Galway then follow coast down south and see what happens. No definite plans just see where we end up. I know better than doing the tourist trail, find a road and follow it, see where it comes out, more fun that way!
I will pre-book a hotel or preferably a pub for first night then wing it.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Sounds like a good plan to me Treadtrader. I hope you have the weather, and have you checked out the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren, both spectacular in their own way.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”