Crazy ride attempt by newbie for the Curry Aid Charity.

dubber68

Crazy ride attempt by newbie for the Curry Aid Charity.

Post by dubber68 »

After being inspired by talking to Paul at the boil and seeing the pics I have come up with the following plan. I would like to get people to sponsor me to ride to the Ullapool rally on a Suzuki Vanvan from my home in Chesterfield, a total of 521miles through the lakes etc. I plan to do this is one day while carrying tent etc. i am not looking for a massive amount but if each attendee were to pledge £1 each that would be enough for me to do it. I have spoken to Paul about it and he was Ok with the idea.

opinions and feedback welcomed

ABOUT CURRY AID http://curryaid.weebly.com/index.html
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
boristhebold

Re: worth doing or just plain crazy?

Post by boristhebold »

Do it, I'll chip in a quid no problem. I bet you actually enjoy it.....a long day though !
LayerLass

Post by LayerLass »

We'll sponsor you dubber x
V_King

Post by V_King »

couriers do more on 125s in a day. just as long as you prepare, and keep steady paste, you can do even more.

now with a changed topic, my quid is ready :)
""
Dr. Dung Beetle

Post by Dr. Dung Beetle »

Maybe I've missed something, but why should anyone give you any money to go to a meeting? :unsure:
James691

Post by James691 »

Nothing missed Dude :) - just an excuse to give a quid for orphans in India. It is the small but very much needed charity that Paul and Maria (Our ABR Boil Rally hosts) help with.

I've got a quid with your name on and thanks for helping out - I hope you take Applecross on your VanVan and have a whale of a time!

If anyone else wants to sit a tub of beans or anything for the charity I'm sure the kids would be very grateful.
Dancing in the moonlight
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

I'm in, even if i don't make it i'll sponsor you mate, its for a great cause. ;)
Real men ride twins ;-)
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Dr. Dung Beetle wrote:Maybe I've missed something, but why should anyone give you any money to go to a meeting? :unsure:
You're not giving me money for going to the rally, I was going anyway but on my DL1000. The idea of the Vanvan is to make it more of a challenge and it is something I really don't relish the idea of. I have been commuting on it recently and after the 40ish miles to work I am ready to get off so 521 will be a personal challenge in a day.

Aside from that I have travelled in India and know how much of a difference even £1 can make to some people so anything I can do to help I feel is worthwhile. If you don't want to sponsor me no problem each to their own and I would still take a wee dram with you while at the rally.

Mod Note - Dr Dung Beetle has been banned and all posts deleted for the forum - consistently confrontational trolling. James691
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Phil

Post by Phil »

What Dubber isn't telling you is that he's put the DL 1000 engine in the Van Van :lol:

seriously though mate, i will sponsor you...and more than a quid! (as im sure others will too ;) ).

Good on ya.
Peejay

Re: Crazy ride attempt by newbie for the Curry Aid Charity.

Post by Peejay »

Dubber, you have my quid and my respect! I rode the missus Vanvan and a great looking bike but what a slug!
I'll be at the Ullapool and if you fancy doing Applecross I'll give you a tow! :whistle:
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.

Return to “ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th - 30th Sept 2012”