Sunday Ride Out - includes some off road (RIDE OUT: FULLY BOOKED)

Andysr6

Re: Sunday Ride Out - includes some off road

Post by Andysr6 »

Tracks look awesome, i'm so jealous . have a great ride. Andy
raymo

Sunday Ride Out - includes some off road

Post by raymo »

steve landed upside down with an alp on him :-) but I am game .... another raymo moment me thinks :-)
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

raymo wrote:steve landed upside down with an alp on him :-) but I am game .... another raymo moment me thinks :-)
Air sea rescue on Standby :laugh: :laugh:
raymo

Sunday Ride Out - includes some off road

Post by raymo »

:-) wheres your sense of adventure :-)
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

raymo wrote:steve landed upside down with an alp on him :-)
Thats cos I was laughing so hard at your antics in front of me that I forgot to look where I was putting my foot :whistle:

Watching you along that track would be far too scary . . . . . . . . . . . . . unless you were just walking ;)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
wianbiggar

Post by wianbiggar »

Austin -

Is this a entirely separate part of the rideout or an intregal part of it? Can the rest of the trip be done without this part or is this, like, in the middle of the journey? I will have more experience of this kind of riding when I get there (i.e. Jura) but whether this would be enough, I just don't know. Don't want to screw it up for all by causing a serious foul up and having to be rescued/airlifted (thanks Craig).
I'd love to do this but not at the cost of screwing it up for anyone else.
If there is a really dodgy part that's not too long, would it be practical for someone with more experience to ride the bike over that bit or is that just not on? Please advise.
Thanks
Ian
Browndog

Post by Browndog »

WOW!
:woohoo: :woohoo:

Its not the track that will slow the pace, but the stops for soooooooo many pics :laugh:

Can't wait.

See you all soon

Tony
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

Yes this is a distinct and separate part of the Sunday ride, so you could elect to miss this section but do the rest of the day. There is an alternative and equally interesting wayof getting to our destination.

However I suggest no one is too hasty about making a decision about this. An ABR member local to the area is going to try and ride some or all the track in the next few days and report back to me; I will also walk the track on the Saturday of the Ullapool weekend to check it out for myself. I can then brief the riders about what the track is really like then we can all make decisions about whether to ride it or not. I suspect the vast majority of the track is no harder than going up "the hill" in Galloway Forest (Ian knows what I mean here) but I will know more after the recce's.

For what its worth I am not a hard core off roader myself but feel confident from what I have been told and from what I can see and read that I will get my bike there and back unscathed - it is a relatively light and easy to handle XT660R though.
wianbiggar

Post by wianbiggar »

Okay - sounds good to me and I don't mind stretching my abilities (or lack of them!) a little!
Ian
raymo

Post by raymo »

Steve T wrote:
raymo wrote:steve landed upside down with an alp on him :-)
Thats cos I was laughing so hard at your antics in front of me that I forgot to look where I was putting my foot :whistle:

Watching you along that track would be far too scary . . . . . . . . . . . . . unless you were just walking ;)
I may just do that .. walk it.. I will be on the RD03 though rather than the FT..

Return to “ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th - 30th Sept 2012”