ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th-30th Sept 2012

dubber68

Re: ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th-30th Sept 2012

Post by dubber68 »

Thanks Craig for a cracking rally. Really enjoyed the ride on Sunday and the chillout in the pub that night. Just remind me next year that you are the local loon magnet.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
boatman

Post by boatman »

Thanks for the effort in organising !!!!!!
A memorable rally (took me a morning to sort out the camping gear)
The special weather that you put on for the event made it just a wee bit more of an adventure !!!!!!!!
Ps if you are doing another one make it a wee bit earlier mibbies the start of SEPT :cheer: :cheer:
All the best
Plague

Post by Plague »

LargeWayRound wrote:Home safe , after some of the wildest weather , I have camped in and driven my bike in . A big adventure that will last forever in my mind ..

Big thanks to everyone who attended the rally , including SteveT and Jim / Fiona , Austin for their help in hosting and doing rideouts .

We had approx 100 people turn up ,Some came for the day (locals), Some stayed only one night , some did not even get their tents up before being blown away and went off to seek out nearest B&B or bunkhouse. On the sunday night which was even more windy , 7 brave chaps awakened on the monday morning , relieved that all the tents were still standing , (mental note on tents brands) .

I was the last person off the site after doing a walk round , but you would have never know we were there !! .. Thanks for leaving the campsite as you found it .

Full report to follow when I get my head around it ..

Cheers LWR

Many thanks, to all who hosted the rally it was much appreciated. I do second your comments re the weather (Greg and I were the brave/stupid ones with the larger than practical blue tent), the tent did just about get put up with some help and it did just last long enough to keep us dry (four snapped guy ropes and three snapped tent poles).
We both had a great time, enjoyed the curry and had a fantastic tour/ride around Scotland, calling into John 'O' Groats (as we were that far north I had to be done) and many other fine places like the whiskey distillery ;) where we sampled a very fine 25 year old single malt, to many places to list but I will put together a quick trip report for those interested. Once again many thanks from deepest Somerset (Greg London) and we will see you next year. :laugh:
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

Did I read that right?
Bianchi wrote: Oh and finchy getting turned on with anything todo with elephants and even bringing one
To the rally then finding some chick that has pulled one off just made his weekend
Dave
......sounds like a right adventure ;)
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
bushfed

Post by bushfed »

Good shout Plague

Thanks to all for your help setting up our tent and for orginising the weekend. It was my first ABR outing but certainly not my last!

Hats off to those that stuck out the weekend - that weather was not for sissies (and our big blue tent) !

Safe riding !
Bianchi

Post by Bianchi »

Yeh that's the thing about Go Outdoors tents for £100
As soon as the wind and rain starts you need to
Go Indoors

Cheers

Dave
Alun

Post by Alun »

Thanks for all the work you put in Craig and the same goes to Austin and Steve T, especially Steve as he made me a coffee on the Saturday morning. :)

In lots of ways the weather added to the event, but given the choice I reckon we should locate the Ullapool Rally in Honolulu next year.

I'm looking forward to next years Highlands Rally where ever it is.
ninothedude

Post by ninothedude »

Hi to all!!

Glad everyone get home safe.
i got home last night after midnight,

I would like to THANK all ABR, family i would like to call it, for all support and good wishes , warmth, and friendliness, brotherhood i find forwards me after my "lucky escape"
and wish you all many safe miles, but stay alert 220%, it take 1/2 second and there is nothing left...

thanks LWR and everyone involved in organising and keeping going this rally on this kind of weather, i loved it every single second, and feel prevalaged and proud to be part of the ABR.....

hope to have next bike ready and in place for peak districit.....

people take care and ride safe..

love you all

Nino
JonnyBravo

Post by JonnyBravo »

Just home after a detour through Cumbria and the Yorkshire Dales !

A most excellent trip - I thought the weather made the event ! B)
Great to meet up with people, share a few beers and listen in wonder at some peoples adventures and very lucky escapes ;)

roll on next year
When nothing is going right - go left
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

Awesome weekend , thanks to Craig and all who made it happen. Enjoyed the camping and the weather wasn't too bad :whistle: , just a great time riding some of the best roads i have ridden (when the wind allowed me to stay on the tarmac) and look forward to more in the future.
Unfortunately my trip home ended at Spean Bridge and the AA took over from there.

Cheers Again guys, hope to meet up soon and talk some more pish ;)

Return to “ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th - 30th Sept 2012”