ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th-30th Sept 2012

dave_ac

Re: ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th-30th Sept 2012

Post by dave_ac »

Craig (largeway round). Many, many thanks for organising the weekend. For many it was a real adventure and test of edurance battling the weather.

To everyone else that I spoke to, a big hello to a real nice bunch of bike riders.

I packed up and headed east Saturday afternoon after a ride out and sneaky jaunt off road (honeslty gov' i was a bit lost). On the other side of the country it was dry with sunshine and blue skyes.

I think you are right Craig when you said about a second rally in Scotland being on the East coast.

Thanks again to everyone
wianbiggar

Post by wianbiggar »

Well - as usual - a huge thank you to Craig for all the hard work to make this work. I hung in until Monday after a great day on Sunday with lots of sunshine and blue skies and a fantastic rideout organised by Austin (many thanks again for all the hard work, Austin) - photos to follow - the highlight of which (apart from Sunday's ride) has to have been Phil and Austin getting their socks dried by the waitress in the Applecross pub whilst we had coffee (photos to follow) - talk about embarassing! - that's what I call service.
A wet run back for me with a stop at the chippy in Tyndrum and got home at 6pm tired but happy. Can't believe the tent survived.
Ian
tommo tenere

Post by tommo tenere »

Well what can i say.......Thanks Craig (Largewayround) for organising a great weekend in Ullerpool!!! yes the weather was a little breezy and showery, but put that a side (it's Scotland in late September after all LOL) I had a great time!!! Made some new friends, drank loads of beer and had a great ride out on the coastal road to Gairloch and back. Our ride back south was great, going down the side of loch Ness into Fort William and round to Glen coe and over Ranoch Moor, mind you the wind was up on the tops and that was a little hairy to say the least!! After a short stop at the Green welly service area, Dave and Tony split of to the east and we headed south down the side of Loch lomond and onto Glasgow where Davey and Jim left for home and Andy and i headed down the M74 to Carlisle for me getting home at about 5.30 and Andy riding on a further 150 miles to Doncaster!!

This was my second ABR rally and we all had a great time!!! Finchy (Andy) was saying something about me agreeing to do next years Elephant Rally in Germany, mmmmm not sure im ready for that just yet!!!

Cheers guys great weekend, roll on the next one!!!
Tommo :laugh:
CBSTD

Post by CBSTD »

I definitely heard you say you would do it, I think you might have been sponsered by Kronenberg at the time, glad to hear you lads got home ok.I had a great weekend thanks to one and all for making my first rally a success I'll be back
Me karma ranover me dogma
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

....and another big thanks to Craig (LWR) and the rest of the Scottish crew for organising another superb event. The typical Scottish weather adds to the adventure, and wasn't really that bad, just a tad breezy and cool at times.

I set off at 6.30am last Tuesday travelling via 6 ferries, 3 islands, and 4 days to Ullapool on the Friday; and got home today (Monday)at about 8pm after a 470mile wet and windy ride from Ullapool. Total mileage of 1,300 for the week. One of the best adventures i have had on a bike. I took no photo's but others will no doubt report in due course on the Islay/Jura trip and the Sunday off road ride - which was simply stunning and those that didnt go really really missed out on what may be a unique event.

Once again thanks to Craig and already looking forward to next year's event. Remember, don't try to fix what ain't broke.
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

Yes, a big thank you to Craig for organising a great rally. I think a big shout out should also go to everyone that either made it or attempted to make it to Ullapool.

Here is my take on the rally
http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... rally.html

See you at the next one if not before.
africajim

Post by africajim »

Well, next year I'll bring a better tent, drink more whisky and my rideout will go ahead! Bring it on! LOL!
Honda, the power of dreams.
Bianchi

Post by Bianchi »

Yeh thanks for a good weekend the weather was a little wild but is usually is this late in the year .
Enjoyed the Ktm ride out on Saturday 5 and a bit ktm's I am sure tony will get the back
Half soon .
It was nice to meet big Dave on his works red bull Ktm 950 or I think that's what he said
And tommo what a guy always fixing his hair as soon as he took his helmet off spiking it
Up
Oh and finchy getting turned on with anything todo with elephants and even bringing one
To the rally then finding some chick that has pulled one off just made his weekend

Yeh thanks to Jim for helping everyone put up their tents at least that's what he said he done

Cheers

Dave
Glider65

Post by Glider65 »

Bianchi wrote: Enjoyed the Ktm ride out on Saturday 5 and a bit ktm's I am sure tony will get the back
Half soon .
Dave
Was it you rowdy lot we were forced to share the tranquil Cafe in Gairloch with? And if it was, I'd just like to point out that KTM's are NOT supposed to be overtaking Ducati's on open roads. So just keep that bit to yourselves, OK?
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Home safe , after some of the wildest weather , I have camped in and driven my bike in . A big adventure that will last forever in my mind ..

Big thanks to everyone who attended the rally , including SteveT and Jim / Fiona , Austin for their help in hosting and doing rideouts .

We had approx 100 people turn up ,Some came for the day (locals), Some stayed only one night , some did not even get their tents up before being blown away and went off to seek out nearest B&B or bunkhouse. On the sunday night which was even more windy , 7 brave chaps awakened on the monday morning , relieved that all the tents were still standing , (mental note on tents brands) .

I was the last person off the site after doing a walk round , but you would have never know we were there !! .. Thanks for leaving the campsite as you found it .

Full report to follow when I get my head around it ..

Cheers LWR

Return to “ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th - 30th Sept 2012”