In Scotland, we have proper weather . . . . .

yoda

Re: In Scotland, we have proper weather . . . . .

Post by yoda »

Great report Steve and pics. Its been 10 yrs since i last got up to Ullapool, i need to try and get to this meet as the ride outs look great, the west coast of Scotlands my fave place.
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
Jammin

Post by Jammin »

Great report there Steve, great picture too.
We had a great time. Left Stratford on Avon on Thursday morning with Alun & co. Had a night in Fort William & rode up through Applecross. Applecross was amazing & we were really lucky with the weather through it.
I'll get some picture up with a ride report soon.
Davy

Post by Davy »

Great report, Steve, and stonking pictures! The Saturday ride was challenging, and apart from the accidents (which could have happened on any day) left me feeling knackered but happy.

Ninothedude - you're a lovely lad! So philosophical and positive. Hope you get everything sorted and are still in top health, and your girl doesn't give you grief over this!

The weather is always a lottery in this country now, whether North or South of the wall, just gotta chance it. Could be a heatwave next year...
Half-Arsed

Post by Half-Arsed »

It was nice to finally meet some of the people i see on the forums here. A couple of things i need to remember to take along i.e. a mallet for the tent pegs!

Hopefully i will catch up with you all at some point next year, afraid the last rally of the season for me will be in Dunbeath in October then the blade will be put away for the winter. I might even manage to get an old off roader over the winter! :whistle:

I'm glad the weather improved for everyone heading home. ttfn Lucy.
Lucy
BABY V

Post by BABY V »

Thanks for sharing your pictures Steve and for a great ride report, until next time

Cheers Paul
canazei1200

Post by canazei1200 »

20120919_180019.jpg
20120919_180019.jpg (20.21 KiB) Viewed 10230 times
Had some weather in Slovenia, lucky we were in a hotel, great write up by the way.
NOT AS FAST ON A BIKE AS I THINK I AM
ninothedude

Post by ninothedude »

thanks Davey!!

i am lucky again, there is no girl at the moment to give me any more hard time....luck strikes twice....my blood group is Be positive (b+), guess that explain evrything...
hope you well and ok, ande, as soon i got another bike, after insurance decide how much they will pay out, will see you and have pint on the some of ABR rallys...
take care and ride safe and enjoy life...

nino
Earwig

Post by Earwig »

Wouldn't say its been wet inthe North West (Lakes n Dales) :whistle: , but Ive been commutting in both my bike kit B) and wearing dingy sailing kit :unsure: at the same time :S :woohoo: and still getting soaked to the skin :pinch: :blink: :(

Time for new kit me thinks B)
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Half-Arsed wrote:It was nice to finally meet some of the people i see on the forums here. . . . . .
Hi Lucy.

Good to meet you - I was the gadgy you approached when you first came into the Arch pub.
Glad you enjoyed your 1st ABR rally. i know you do loads with the locals up your way, but many from this forum meet up for runs into the hills around you throughout the year. Be good meet up some time in the future - you and the other Half-Arsed crew that were up at Ullapool.

Cheets,

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride

Return to “ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th - 30th Sept 2012”