I'm out!

James691

I'm out!

Post by James691 »

This is what happened ...

I've had a wonderful week, starting with sorting out the car insurance, due to the Peugeot 807 snapping a cam belt and becoming nothing more than a paperweight. I called up to sort the insurance on a new car for the family. They asked about an address in Cumbria! I've not lived there for years! Oh, what is the new address? So I give the Liverpool post code and BANG extra £400 on the premium. :(

Ah well, we soldier on do we not and worse things happen. :)

I have underfloor heating - I never use it as it costs a mint - I've not been out the back to the conservatory for some time since I turned it off. I go in and it is rather warm! I call up about the bill and £400 extra on the heating bill! :pinch:

Not to worry as I will soon be on my bike and all will be right with the world. B)

I go in the shed to pack the VStrom, a smile on my face and a skip in my step, then I notice the tent out and gathered on the floor. Seems my lad has been having a play with my camping gear! A moment of rage, a flash of anger and I boot the tent for 3 points advantage to Team Owens.

Not only has my lad moved my tent, he has moved my tool box.........yup, under the tent! With a sickening crunch training shoe covered foot meet metal box full of tools. :angry:

Much swearing and hobbling around later I am forced to pop down to A&E...it's a sprain, just a sprain, is the mantra in my head. Off to X-Ray - 2, not 1 but 2 broken toes.

No, no, no! I get on the bike and try and put the slightest bit of pressure down, if Casey Stoner can do it so can I!! Each time I tried to ease the brake a flash of pain runs up my leg and into my Gentleman bag. :sick:

So, I'm out! I called Alun who replied with an empathic belly laugh but in true ABR style - THE SHOW MUST GO ON - and the rideout will be taken over and will go on as planned.

I hear the weather is set to be stunning and the roads are something not to be missed - please enjoy the ride and I WILL see you all in October.

James - I'm off to put a Lotto ticket on....
Dancing in the moonlight
LargeWayRound

Re: I'm out!

Post by LargeWayRound »

Oh dear ...

Hope things get back to normal soon .. James

All the best

LWR
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Get well soon mate!

cheers marc
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
Jammin

Post by Jammin »

Sorry to here that you're not coming. Hope your fit for the next one.
Speak soon.
sparks

Post by sparks »

sorry you have had a bad run and cannot make it now mate i will down a pint for you :whistle:

adam
Kendo

Post by Kendo »

Kids :angry: Who'd av em. ! Get well soon James!
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Total bummer!!

It will not be the same without you mustering the troops on Saturday morning!!

Mend quick mate, see you soon. B)
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

Shame you won't be there. Raise a glass to all of us shivering at night when you are sat in front of the telly all nice and warm.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

opps :silly: take it you were`nt wearing the steel toe cap boots then ;) best of luck hobbling about..
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Bad luck mate, should've kicked the kid not the tent. :lol:

Still, feet up and rest for a while.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.

Return to “ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th - 30th Sept 2012”