M6 meet up for Ullapool rally

smithy641

M6 meet up for Ullapool rally

Post by smithy641 »

Hi All. Anyone travelling up to Ullapool via M6 want to meet up at a service station on the M6 and travel up with others? We will be travelling up on th Thursday to make the most of the weekend, so, if this is part of your route and you want to meet somewhere on the M6 use this thread to let others know what sort of time you will be at a specific point and we can try and tag each other in. Not much of a plan YET! But, place your stopp points and times for THURSDAY travelling please. ;)
phil90

Re: M6 meet up for Ullapool rally

Post by phil90 »

Have a look at this.. You might be able to meet up with pj.

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... -avon.html
------ Dress for the slide, not the ride -------
smithy641

Post by smithy641 »

Hi Phil90
Thanks for that mate, will probably meet up with them on the m6 as they are travelling the same route about the same time. I can understand the reluctance of people. Not wanting to be either stretched to keep up OR held up as others going slow. So was being friendly and polite really in case anyone did fancy a small convoy.
Cheers mate, see you there. Can't wait myself. Enjoyed Stratford rally.

Jim
Tony

Post by Tony »

i'll be trvelling up thurs (at the moment) but i'll be leaving crianlarich (tyndrum--glen coe--fort william)around 6pm'ish if your heading in that direction ???? me and the girl friend n the dog not to get them mixed up lol she's new to biking so we'll be taking it easy the dog is too btw anyway write back if you fancy it :)
phil90

Post by phil90 »

smithy641 wrote:Hi Phil90
Thanks for that mate, will probably meet up with them on the m6 as they are travelling the same route about the same time. I can understand the reluctance of people. Not wanting to be either stretched to keep up OR held up as others going slow. So was being friendly and polite really in case anyone did fancy a small convoy.
Cheers mate, see you there. Can't wait myself. Enjoyed Stratford rally.

Jim
No problem jim. I'm sure you'll bump into loads of people heading up the m6 to follow or join but just make sure if your following they are going to Ullapool. :laugh: :laugh: see you up there I'm sure.
------ Dress for the slide, not the ride -------
Paul

Post by Paul »

Just a thought. Takoda camping, home of the "Boil rally" is just a short ride from junction 38 of the M6.
If you are travelling from the South it might be a useful stop-off, you can re-join the M6 at Juntion 40 Penrith for your journey over the border.
A few ABR's are already staying the night on their way North. We will be leaving Takoda on Friday morning.

Same applies for coming home if you have the time.

Cheers,
Paul & Maria
fullerton

Post by fullerton »

Hiya Matey,

Aim to leave manchester early friday could meet you on the way up or late Thursday night if u fancy a stop over,
steve 07887887728
smithy641

Post by smithy641 »

Hay Fullerton (Steve) We will be travelling up on Thursday morning from brum, early start, we think we will ride all the way up in one day but take plenty of stops (coffee) this is plan of course is also dependant on many things, weather, bum numbness, muscle fatigue and the list goes on. If we stay anywhere on the way up on Thursday night I will call you and let you know mate.
Jim :-)
smithy641

Post by smithy641 »

Paul wrote:Just a thought. Takoda camping, home of the "Boil rally" is just a short ride from junction 38 of the M6.
If you are travelling from the South it might be a useful stop-off, you can re-join the M6 at Juntion 40 Penrith for your journey over the border.
A few ABR's are already staying the night on their way North. We will be leaving Takoda on Friday morning.

Same applies for coming home if you have the time.

Cheers,
Paul & Maria
Hi Paul & Maria (and pooch) :ohmy: What's the dog riding then?

If we stay over somewhere on the way up that sounds like a fine option, see also my response to Fullerton (Steve) for detail of " the plan " bearing in mind that nothing I do EVER sticks to the plan. See you up there if not at the stop over Guys.
smithy641

Post by smithy641 »

Sorry to Paul and Maria, I got the bit about the dog mixed up with another post, no jokes were intended.
Jim ;)

Return to “ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th - 30th Sept 2012”