Riding up from Leeds....thinking of setting off Wednesday..Applecross...

Sykesy

Post by Sykesy »

Just thinking of taking time off work and setting off Wednesday morn from Leeds, and camping around Loch Lomond, then head to Applecross, via the 'Rest and be Thankfull' road, wild camping again just north of Applecross, then hit Ullapool for the friday...if anyone wants to come along. Weather definately permitting!!!

We just did this route last weekend, ride report here>>>> http://adventurebikerider.com/forum/25- ... eport.html

An awesome ride and a MUST DO!!

Anyone interested, comment here! or PM me.

a friend is someone who bails you out of jail, But a BEST friend is the person sitting beside you saying...'that was fu**ing awesome'!!!!!!!
phil90

Re: Riding up from Leeds....thinking of setting off Wednesday..Applecross...

Post by phil90 »

Was thinking the same thing but heading off Thursday and arriving Friday then aiming to get back to Leeds Monday or Tuesday via a few good routes. Maybe see what weather is like a bit closer before committing.
------ Dress for the slide, not the ride -------
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

My husband and I are leaving Essex on the Wednesday and planning on being in the Applecross area on Thursday night, we'll probably see you somewhere on route B)
Sykesy

Post by Sykesy »

Bonniebird wrote:My husband and I are leaving Essex on the Wednesday and planning on being in the Applecross area on Thursday night, we'll probably see you somewhere on route B)

on the thurs night i'll be camping on the coast just past Applecross. Go to Applecross then follow the coast road around the bay. About a mile further thetes a tarmac carpark with a spot just before ot whete everyone camps up. See you there!

a friend is someone who bails you out of jail, But a BEST friend is the person sitting beside you saying...'that was fu**ing awesome'!!!!!!!
moto al

Post by moto al »

Sykesy wrote:Just thinking of taking time off work and setting off Wednesday morn from Leeds, and camping around Loch Lomond, then head to Applecross, via the 'Rest and be Thankfull' road, wild camping again just north of Applecross, then hit Ullapool for the friday...if anyone wants to come along. Weather definately permitting!!!

We just did this route last weekend, ride report here>>>> http://adventurebikerider.com/forum/25- ... eport.html

An awesome ride and a MUST DO!!

Anyone interested, comment here! or PM me.
hi bud i will be camping at the kingshouse on wed, bonfire and beers all welcome cheers al
moto al
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

Hi Moto al,
Where's the Kingshouse?
Sykesy

Post by Sykesy »

quote]hi bud i will be camping at the kingshouse on wed, bonfire and beers all welcome cheers al[/quote]

Cheers. That sounds like a good plan!

AustinW

Post by AustinW »

If you can leave on the Tuesday there's still spaces on my little trip via the Isle of Jura.

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... apool.html

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)
moto al

Post by moto al »

Sykesy wrote:quote]hi bud i will be camping at the kingshouse on wed, bonfire and beers all welcome cheers al
Cheers. That sounds like a good plan![/quote]bril & the weather looks ok.kick tyres & talk sh*t .and a few beers . heaven. alan. moto al.ps any probs please send me a pm
Attachments
fbeace25485f0ccdfc212812aa3b6a7096257f851_2012-06-11.jpg
fbeace25485f0ccdfc212812aa3b6a7096257f851_2012-06-11.jpg (57.01 KiB) Viewed 6814 times
moto al

Return to “ABR Highlands Rally Ullapool 28th - 30th Sept 2012”