Road Ride - Cooked Breakfast, Castles, Tents, Windmill and B Roads.

James691

Road Ride - Cooked Breakfast, Castles, Tents, Windmill and B Roads.

Post by James691 »

Basic and will update.

MAP of Basic Route

OK Ladies and Gents - those tht have been any of my rides before will know the format :)

Easy paced, all level ride around the area. I like to take in some culture, the odd quirk and of course some very nice back country lanes past little villages.

Some of the things on this ride -

Morning breakfast at Glebe Farm. So don't bother cooking a burnt sausage on a jet boil in the morning.
breakfast.jpg
breakfast.jpg (46.45 KiB) Viewed 10048 times
Then off to see some sights around the county, to name a few - Warwick Castle :) Lunt Fort.
WarwickCastle.jpg
WarwickCastle.jpg (28.38 KiB) Viewed 10048 times

Twisting back towards home down about 50 - 60 miles of back roads, smoke stops and picture taking mayhem before ending up at Shakespeare's place.
Shakespeare.jpg
Shakespeare.jpg (18.22 KiB) Viewed 10048 times
Perhaps some chow at the riverside overlooking the river Avon at the Riverbank Cafe.
riverbank.jpg
riverbank.jpg (54.16 KiB) Viewed 10048 times
All in all about 120 miles of roads and about 4 hours in the saddle. I suspect that this will be a full day of 10am to about 5pm. Of course you can come and go as you please.

See you at the Rally :)
Dancing in the moonlight
James691

Re: Road Ride - Cooked Breakfast, Castles, Fort, Windmill and B Roads.

Post by James691 »

Not that fussed about numbers - just come and see me on the Friday night.
Dancing in the moonlight
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

James691 wrote:Not that fussed about numbers - just come and see me on the Friday night.
Do we need to bring a bottle?? :laugh:
special one

Post by special one »

Just an observation mate, I wouldnt advise allowing people to come and go as they please on an organised ride, this can cause people marking junctions to get out of shape, confuse TEC's etc.

Someone might leave and not tell anyone, then other riders could suspect that rider got lost or worse binned they bike, it's a recipe for problems IMO.

Just my opinion of course but I've experienced similar before and it don't take long before the ride goes to shit because of it.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
James691

Post by James691 »

Pat - You always have a bottle of vino stashed some place ;)

Special - I understand what you mean but there is no obligation on a ride. I've been the Road Captain of my MC for some time and done many runs for ABR, I've also Marshalled the likes of Manchester Easter Egg Run and so on. Plenty of experience to go with the advanced road craft ;)

What happens based on the TEC is that at a stop people will say that they are peeling off, job done. They don't tend to do so in mid ride as I have many stops along the way. But there is nothing to stop people doing that - it's just a ride - you come and go as you please.

This way you maintain the shape and the 2nd man drop off for the TEC to compile the riders.
Dancing in the moonlight
special one

Post by special one »

Fair enough James, I get where you're coming from, just thought if offer my opinion anyway :)

Will the TEC be wearing an easily identifiable high viz or something ?

I've been on group rides before where the TEC has had a bib on the same as other riders in the group, they ended up being lost.

I don't want to sound negative, just giving the benefit of my limited experience with these issues :)
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
James691

Post by James691 »

Slight change as Lunt Fort does not open on a weekend!

I shall be stopping at Go Outdoors in Coventry as they have ample free parking, a large cafe and lots of out door adventure stuff :) So, shall be stopping there for a brew - those that want a poke around can do so.

I've also added a few more 'out of the way' villages for some fun country lanes :)
Dancing in the moonlight
Soul Dave

Post by Soul Dave »

Hi, i'm not camping, but if its ok i will be there saturday morning 10.o.clock for the rideout, thanks.

Return to “ABR Midlands Rally Stratford upon Avon 17th - 19th Aug 2012”