Thank You To Paul, Maria, Family & Friends

James691

Re: Thank You To Paul, Maria, Family & Friends

Post by James691 »

Rather like R2M - we (Liane, Erin and I) had a few issues :blush:

The Babysitter for the other 5 would not arrive until 7pm on the Friday.

I would not be riding due to Sciatica.

I too thought the curry was on Saturday.

But we did get to the White Lion for whole 40mins on the Friday night to see some of the Riders.

I've passed my thanks on to Peter for doing the passes ride -

Thanks Peter T

We had stayed at Hall in Orton due to KS being booked solid and Liane's vow never to sleep in a 'crisp packet' again - having the baby with us it had sense anyway.

I did take the family around the passes in the car - SO NOT THE SAME - and getting back around 6pm. Erin was hit with a bout of colic so Saturday night at the Takoda was sunk. She settled around 11pm.

So, while I did get to see my favorite passes I did not get to see my favorite people! Nor get a tummy full of curry :(

I heard JK and DD was in the house and they are always a wonderful double act of destruction - I assume the site survived?

Roll on the 7th May for this scan so I can get back on the bike. I'm gutted to have missed this ride and rally, being the first rally on ABR it has a special tone to it.

Thank you to Paul and Maria for opening the camp early and for all the hard work they put into this event - as can be seen on the thread, it is always a good time - along with all those that help with setting up rides and making the weekend what it is!

Roll on 2014 Boil Rally - if I have to get a Trike then so be it but I will be riding the next one! ;)
Dancing in the moonlight
Browndog

Post by Browndog »

Big thanks to everyone for a great weekend.
Few pics from my first boil.

chrisuk

Post by chrisuk »

I'd like to add my thanks to all the usual suspects and also to Mike for showing me some great roads.
cheers
Chris
Em-J

Post by Em-J »

Hi all, looks like the weekend was another great success - well done and thanks to Paul and Maria! :)

If you enjoyed yourself a the weekend, share the fun with other ABR readers by sending your Boil Rally pics to [email protected]. Remember to include your name and those of the ABRs in your snaps. It would be great to have a nice big photospread in the next issue, to celebrate this year's Boil!

Really looking forward to seeing your pics!

Cheers, guys! Em
davecopland

Post by davecopland »

Another fantastic " Boil " . Thanks to Paul , Maria , Jesse and all the helpers . Great to have a blether with friends old & new .
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

Another Big Thank You and another apology for plowing the field up with the big black van.

A few pics....

Pauls dedication to collecting the wood, begs the question .. "How many ramblers got lost over the weekend ?"

The sun didn't always shine... but then this is the Lake District.

How to start a fire.. step one lay a trail of petrol and get someone to light it before the trail gets to the wood.

Works every time.

And the winner of the Blazing Jenga Competition is the Chairman of the Anti Ramblers Association.

Maria - always with a smile.

Group huddle.
BMW R1200GS - BMW 650GS
davec

Post by davec »

I'd like to add my thanks, Paul and Maria your hospitality made an already great rally even better.

Paul, I love the book, is there anywhere that those who missed out can order one?
I got a motorbike for my wife...

Best swap I ever made.
Hullygully

Post by Hullygully »

Just like to say a big thankyou to all at Takoda for a enjoyable first ABR rally, it wont be my last, you all put on a first class event and Jessies curry was something else "superb"The weather was testing at times but it didnt dampen people's spirts, they were just "frozen" I had to buy another sleeping bag.....please find photo's from the Pipe n slipper run, it was a pleasure to ride with you all..here's to the next time.. ;)

Regards Hullygully.
IMG_1008.JPG
IMG_1008.JPG (67.53 KiB) Viewed 7608 times
You can always tell a yorkshireman, but yer cant tell um much....
Paul

Post by Paul »

davec wrote:I'd like to add my thanks, Paul and Maria your hospitality made an already great rally even better.

Paul, I love the book, is there anywhere that those who missed out can order one?
Hi Dave,
Alun and Emily at ABR have said that they will do an official launch. In the meantime you can buy the book at my website www.two-wheels-to.org or from Amazon and ebay.

Many thanks,
Paul
jayson

Post by jayson »

thanks for a great weekend, think i got sunburn from the heat off the bonfire.......

Return to “April 2013 - ABR Boil Rally Cumbria; 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th”