2013 ABR Boil Rally Sign up thread.

James691

Re: 2013 ABR Boil Rally Sign up thread.

Post by James691 »

Hi Paul and Maria!

I hope to be there, in some form, I've been down for about a month now with chronic sciatica. It does ease off through the day but in the morning I am crippled and tend to be woken at about 5am by searing pain to remind me to take my meds to get some more sleep.

I've not ridden a bike in the past month :( due to either the pain or the fact that the pain killers make it feel like I am thinking through thick pea soup - if a thought was tangible - It may be the case that I will drive up to get the shots for the spread and see the gang even if I can't ride or have a beer! I'm sure curry is still fine on these meds :)

If I can't ride then there are plenty that know the route and I will post up a copy of the route that I took last year so that there is a back up in either case mate.

I'm due my MRI on the 7th May and so I will know more by then but obviously that is past the rally weekend. I will see how I go today and then over the next few days but I seriously doubt that I could ride all day by the weekend - if I get a jolt then I could lose control and put other road users at risk - same as I won't ride with a 'fuzzy' head and risk road users with my lack of concentration and reaction time.

So, even as I write this with the thinnest of hopes that I will be riding my heart is telling me that I will be getting dropped off in the car to have a few beers and a chat.

Sod's law :)
Dancing in the moonlight
James691

Post by James691 »

The passes route in Cumbria -

This takes in what consider the 3 main passes for fun and views. Hardknott, Wyrenose and Buttermere. There is a nice little pub at Boot and also a slate mine cafe on Honister pass (Buttermere).

Google Route.
Dancing in the moonlight
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

James, how about we share a medi-bus there as I`m in the same boat as you :( but the last time I sat on a bike was last years Boil :( :(
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Please add me to the list Paul. I'll not be camping as I'm still in wimp mode but I'll defo be turning up for the curry.

Just out of interest every hotel bed in Kirby Steven is sold out on Friday and Saturday night, the nearest available was the Kings Head in Ravenstonedale.
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

900Fantrider wrote:James, how about we share a medi-bus there as I`m in the same boat as you :( but the last time I sat on a bike was last years Boil :( :(
So, are all those Italian exotica highly polished then? :whistle:
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Jammin

Post by Jammin »

Have you booked the sunshine Paul?
sparks

Post by sparks »

Alun wrote:Please add me to the list Paul. I'll not be camping as I'm still in wimp mode but I'll defo be turning up for the curry.

Just out of interest every hotel bed in Kirby Steven is sold out on Friday and Saturday night, the nearest available was the Kings Head in Ravenstonedale.
have a look at westmorland mate
http://www.westmorland.com/
Billybusa

Post by Billybusa »

Hi James
Hope you get better soon mate :-)
sparks

Post by sparks »

oops should have said stick me down for saturday night please Paul

adam
Paul

Post by Paul »

Alun wrote:Please add me to the list Paul. I'll not be camping as I'm still in wimp mode but I'll defo be turning up for the curry.

Wow, first of all, I cannot believe all of the B+B's are booked up. The Kings head is very nice though, it has just had a fortune spent on it.

Regarding everybody else, should I book St John's ambulance to attend, sounds like everybody is suffering.
I am sure Jessie will have sympathy and give you all extra portions of curry. Not sure if that is a good thing now that I think about it.
Gary at the White Lion has ordered extra beer reserves that will help :)

And finally, I have ordered sunshine B)

Return to “April 2013 - ABR Boil Rally Cumbria; 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th”