No ABR Challenge 2014 (unless someone else wants to take up the reins)

loudpedal

Re: No ABR Challenge 2014 (unless someone else wants to take up the reins)

Post by loudpedal »

Bump.

Loudpedal
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

Stewie wrote:
loudpedal wrote:Castles seem to be the most popular idea so far.

The perfect way would be to have 5 moderators. 1 from each Country to nominate the 10 castles in their country.

So we need a volunteer mod from
England
Scotland
Wales
Northern Ireland
Republic of Ireland

To make up the 50 castles
Any takers?

I'd be happy to nominate the 10 castles in Northern Ireland.

Loudpedal
I'm up for that.

Loudpedal - Northern Ireland. :)
Stewie - England. :)
Stewie, I'm very happy to get involved in helping with the England locations (over a cheeky pint) if we can get the other volunteers for Scotland , Wales and Ireland
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I frikken love Castles!!! :cheer:
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
gland

Post by gland »

love the castles idea. But having done the 31 cathedrals I think 50 is going to be to many. 30ish would be more realistic, in time miles and money.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

gland wrote:love the castles idea. But having done the 31 cathedrals I think 50 is going to be to many. 30ish would be more realistic, in time miles and money.
Yes I agree.

50 is one every weekend except christmas and easter. I couldn't do that.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Is it just castles or will victorian forts and WW2 miltary structures do as well?

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Also do we need a pic with the bike in it? A lot of castles i know round my way are away form roads so getting a bike pic is impossible.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
V_King

Post by V_King »

gland wrote:love the castles idea. But having done the 31 cathedrals I think 50 is going to be to many. 30ish would be more realistic, in time miles and money.
there is a good reason it is called challenge. you can easily do wales in a long weekend.
familiarly with other regions.

and lets put aside all the complaining about mileage and money, it already ruined last years challenge, when Jimbo tried to please all the complaints from the money and mileage crowd. and not many have participated to no surprise :)
""
geordy paul

Post by geordy paul »

V_King wrote:
there is a good reason it is called challenge. you can easily do wales in a long weekend.
familiarly with other regions.

and lets put aside all the complaining about mileage and money, it already ruined last years challenge, when Jimbo tried to please all the complaints from the money and mileage crowd. and not many have participated to no surprise :)
Not complaining, but you can't put aside the money issue.
Especially in the current climate. Maybe if it was done on a regional basis
with the option for people to nab castles or what ever in the other regions.
Sorry to the Irish but that is the problem one for me, ferry, food, fuel all the f's
just makes it too rich for me.
Im not good enough on the IT front to do the the admin but more than happy to help with the north of England.
650ginge

Post by 650ginge »

Of course that works two ways, not any cheaper for folks based here on the island of ireland to do English castles. But you'd think that since you lot built most of the castles here you would at least visit them now and again ;-).

I will volunteer to admin castles in the south bit of ireland. We just need away to ensure there is enough points in all the regions to ensure you can get a good few but not so many in any region to make it easy.

A related side issue they have a thing called the photo rally here. Lots of forums/clubs do it. The points are well spread always something near always something a pain to get to. The grading has a bronze, silver, gold approach, so there is acknowledgement for everyone that makes the effort to get one. There is no theme as such, just points of interest to make people get out and explore on there bikes.

The link is below.

http://irishphotorally.com

Return to “ABR Challenge 2013”