ABR "Island" Rally 2014

Gavinskii

Re: ABR "Island" Rally 2014

Post by Gavinskii »

Mike, I was gutted that the dates clashed for me last year, therefore please chalk me up for off road this year.

Cheers
G
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i went last year it was great (thumbs)

hope the tide times are favorable so we can get a bit in before were stranded (thumbs)

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
jameskaya

Post by jameskaya »

Really really keen, just got to see if weekend is child free and if myself and partner can get weekend of. What's the latest I can let you know?
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

minkyhead wrote: hope the tide times are favorable so we can get a bit in before were stranded (thumbs)
Good tide times Minky, about an extra hour of trail riding on the Saturday than what we did last year. Will be a similar route taking in the beach byway at the end. And maybe the hard rocky trail out of South Coniston water.....just for fun.

Did you do the beach byway on NDCs ride? Don't remember seeing any photos from it?
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Gavinskii wrote:Mike, I was gutted that the dates clashed for me last year, therefore please chalk me up for off road this year.

Cheers
G
Will do, you on the 690? not that it matters. Any bike welcome for trail ride. No idea what I will be on yet, wont be little one that's for sure as Im not riding that up to the lakes.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

jameskaya wrote:Really really keen, just got to see if weekend is child free and if myself and partner can get weekend of. What's the latest I can let you know?
Just turn up if you can make it. Better that I know numbers but these are only for a rough guide to pass to the pub so they can allocate the right number of staff to serve us. But not essential that you commit in advance. Kids can come! One fella took his son last year. Obviously wouldn't recommend with young kids but its your choice.

My wife will hopefully be taking our landcruiser (TBC) across the sands so kids / pillions / luggage can be piled in if you don't fancy riding with it for the crossing. and the landlady of the pub will also have space in her 4x4.
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

beddowsm wrote:
Gavinskii wrote:Mike, I was gutted that the dates clashed for me last year, therefore please chalk me up for off road this year.

Cheers
G
Will do, you on the 690? not that it matters. Any bike welcome for trail ride. No idea what I will be on yet, wont be little one that's for sure as Im not riding that up to the lakes.
Yeah most likely the 690.
We didnt do the beach run last w/e as the tide times didn't really work out
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Gavinskii wrote:
Yeah most likely the 690.
We didnt do the beach run last w/e as the tide times didn't really work out
Well, its a guarantee that the tide time will be perfect for when we get there. Its a good route. Got a bit of everything, soft sand, hard compact sand, mud, water (fresh!), rock pools (salt!), rocks.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

I'm going to try and make this one. Maybe with the missus can the offroad be done 2 up?
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

CRAIGREVO wrote: can the offroad be done 2 up?
Depends what you mean...the actual trail ride in the morning, or the crossing to the island.

Crossing to the island, no problem.

Trail ride....hmmmm. Some "bumpy" bits. And I wouldn't advise the trail at the Southern end of Coniston (although this is a trail to no where so its up and back down). Put it this way, Id not hesitate sticking my missus on the back, so no reason why you shouldn't. But they are not gentle trails so be warned, some tough sections. Plus you will have luggage just to add to the fun. Ill try and dig out some links to trail reports for the Lakes.

Return to “ABR Piel Island Rally June 6th-8th 2014”