Welsh Rally - Jesext - Off Road - Beginner Riders.

samdogmonster

Re: Welsh Rally - Jesext - Off Road - Beginner Riders.

Post by samdogmonster »

Put me down for this ride. I'm not a novice but the TKC/Mefo combo on my 990 is a little worn after my Pyrennes off-roading so I'd prefer to steer clear of mud :-)
jonperry64

Post by jonperry64 »

Please add me to the list. Thanks. I haven't got my name on the main list because I'm not sure how to (it says 'ticketing closed' on the Rally mainpage). I'm planning on coming anyway. Cheers. Jon
jasext

Post by jasext »

No problem guys, since a few on this list are doing there own ride now anyone who still wants to ride at a very relaxed pace are more than welcome, just come to see me either friday night or Saturday morning at Touratech , i will have a black 950adv and Ktm Jon will have a white 990adv and will be the cleanest bike you have ever seen . Looking forward to it now and the weather is going to be nice
FireGB

Post by FireGB »

Hi Tramp
Not sure if you remember me I was at the ABR in Hampshire last year on the black varadero, we discussed going off road. Would this trip be suitable for me first time off road??

You metioned tyre's you said TCK80's were no good for the varadero as the bike's too heavy. You did recommened other makes but I cant remember which??

Regards

Stuart
samdogmonster

Post by samdogmonster »

Try a Mefo on the rear and a TKC on the front - http://www.zenoverland.com/tyres_tubes/ ... lorer.html
My main concern with the Vara is the cast wheels and the (possible) requirement for tubes with most capable off-road tyres.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hi stuart..the group i'm with are experienced and no place for the vara for sure..Jasext is better at saying about his group and tires etc..
jasext

Post by jasext »

Tkc's will be fine on my ride, it will be as fast as the slowest rider. This is the novice to intermediate group so will cater from those that have never been offroad to those that just want a great day out enfoying the views with plenty of stops with loads of help and advice,Tyres are the only issue and you must have some sort of offroad tyre, road tyres will just make it very very difficult unless you have a bit more experience .
Andy H who is a good friend has got a route i have sent him and he is taking a few more experienced guys although it will be a small group, Tramp and a couple more are in that group.
dukethefirst2000

Post by dukethefirst2000 »

hi put my name down. ktm 950 adv
lonepilgrim

Post by lonepilgrim »

jasext wrote:Tkc's will be fine on my ride, it will be as fast as the slowest rider. This is the novice to intermediate group so will cater from those that have never been offroad to those that just want a great day out enfoying the views with plenty of stops with loads of help and advice,Tyres are the only issue and you must have some sort of offroad tyre, road tyres will just make it very very difficult unless you have a bit more experience .
Andy H who is a good friend has got a route i have sent him and he is taking a few more experienced guys although it will be a small group, Tramp and a couple more are in that group.
Jase do we register with you friday night just to check if Pete is doing his ride or if the 3 of us are joining you?
ABR Welsh Rally Brecon Beacons 2012

HUBB Donington Park 2013

ABR Exmoor Rally 2013

Member of the Kawasaki Riders Club

My bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KLX 250 E3

1989 Kawasaki Tengai KL650 B1

Previous bikes: 2009 Yamaha YZF R125 Fiat Team / Rossi Replica
Andy H

Post by Andy H »

All this talk of tyres and I'm getting worried as Jas said I've ridden with him a few times on TKC Mitas combination and fallen off plenty of times but it is my inexperience that let me down not the tyres the welsh lanes are a challenge and all riders must be aware of this Jase is very well versed in the local lanes and conditions and will advise anyone who has unsuitable tyres to think about it. One thing is for sure if you're looking for a ride leader who knows his stuff and who will provide all the encouragement and support you could want
Whatever the weather we will have a great time

Cheers

Return to “ABR Welsh Rally Brecon Beacons 29th June - 1st July 2012”