Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012

herman

Re: Re: Spanish Pyrenees in May 2012

Post by herman »

Snowdog wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:mourning our husky dog who had to be put down yesterday.
I'm really sorry to hear of your loss, We've got two dogs and I know I'll be devastated when they pass.

Snowdog
x2,just picked up our second rescue dog,bloody break you heart they do. B)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Snowdog

Re: Re: Re: Spanish Pyrenees in May 2012

Post by Snowdog »

herman wrote:
Snowdog wrote:
The Spanish Biker wrote:mourning our husky dog who had to be put down yesterday.
I'm really sorry to hear of your loss, We've got two dogs and I know I'll be devastated when they pass.

Snowdog
x2,just picked up our second rescue dog,bloody break you heart they do. B)
I'm closer to my Dogs than my siblings really.

cheers now!
Snowdog

BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it

Whatever you do on your path, do it mindfully.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

@ Simon , Weekends are great and as our lass if off back to Blighty at the end of Sept i can play out and not feel guilty :evil:
As for bloody dogs we've always had Jack Russells all bar the first were rescue !!! Long story short ....had 3 a 3, 15 and a 16 year old we live right next to the woods and thats their play ground.
Last year the 15 year old came home with a massive gash in his shoulder from a wild boar' Jacks are scared of nowt or maybe just mental !!! 17 stitches later and a week and he's all healed when the old lad came home at 11.30 pm with the worst wound i've seen in my life, a hole the size of an apple in his side and his lung torn and hanging out. Breaks my heart to think about it but he never complained as i gaffer taped him up !!! yes gaffer tap the hole was that big, phoned the vet and was told to bring him straight away.
The vet was gobsmacked at my first aid untill he took it of "MON DIEU" was his response, old lad lost a rib in the attack half his lung had 84 stitches but only lived for another 6 days and i had him put to sleep.
He was my best friend
Bud
Dax
And Ed the kid
britfrog

Post by britfrog »

hey Simon sorry to hear about the dog we all go through it and say never again, and there we are a while later when the pain has lessened getting another. I have always had animals, I find a house without animals is nowhere near as welcoming or warm as a house with animals. However they restrict one more than children and one has to accept that.
I enclose a pic of buster with my outlaw
Attachments
tomndog1.jpg
tomndog1.jpg (40.47 KiB) Viewed 2601 times
living in the sun, near utopia
Tramp

Re: Spanish Pyrenees: May 28th - June 1st, 2012

Post by Tramp »

Hi simon ..sorry to hear about the dog..

I lost my best mate "willy" the fearless terrier last year but have a new Border terrier as a replacment :)

As for nice roads in France .. I know more than more fair share of twisty scenic routes and the pyrenees well those smugglers routes are awsome.. :woohoo: .

The trouble with doing huge distances on knobblies at speed is they wear out fast so depending who joins me on the ferry down ..we may take some twisties south of Poitiers to perageaux and across to phill`s place.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Hi Tramp
Will be trying the D6 from Sarlat to Brantome on Saturday, looks good on paper
Phil
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Thanks for all your kind works chaps. Our main concern now is to look after Lucky. Streak was from a rescue centre and having him was about the best thing I've ever done. But lucky did all the real work.

Here's a little youtube of them . Steak is the goofy one!

Video

Cheers

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Phill...your just teasing me with that D6 north of Sarlat..bet it aint as twisty as the Rocamadour road..more twists than joan collins novel..

you`ll like Brantome...small and nice .

I`m up Northumberland for 7 days in my camper/home :P :P
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

I've only just caught up with the thread. I'm sorry for your loss Simon they give so much joy when they are with you and so much pain when they leave and they are all unique. Hope your ok mate. x
Real men ride twins ;-)
Snowdog

Post by Snowdog »

Was talking to the boss about this two days ago, went like this:
"Yeah it's the Diamond Jubilee 5th June so there's a bank holiday" I said. "Oh the week of your birthday that'll be nice" she replied. "I know it'll be nice as I'll be in the Pyrenees with a load of guys from the forum" I tried to say as matter of factly as possible, "will you now!" she queried. "Yes, yes I will." I said in a "I wear the trousers in this relationship woman" she just grinned knowing that if she had a problem with it it'd not happen.
So it looks like it might be on! :)

Oh and Simon here's a bit of my two, they are such good dogs they even play with gingers.
Dogs With Ginger

BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it

Whatever you do on your path, do it mindfully.

Return to “ABR Spanish Rally Pyrenees 28th May - 1st June 2012”