Norfolking Around the Green Lanes - Picture & Video Thread

Elle

Re: Norfolking Around the Green Lanes - Picture & Video Thread

Post by Elle »

Brilliant video's.
I didn't realise someone had a camera until I saw it on a helmet at the Thetford stop.
What type of camera is it? - the film is very stable
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Kendo

Post by Kendo »

Hi Elle, Its a VOI POV HD camera. I got it last year but am still testing it really as its got loads of settings etc. The biggest problem with it is that 2 sets or AA batteries last all day and you end up recording hours and hours so editing it takes ages. It does do 1080p but i only ever use it on 720p and the files are so big.

Cheers
Steve
fairyplum

Post by fairyplum »

Kendo wrote:Hi Elle, Its a VOI POV HD camera. I got it last year but am still testing it really as its got loads of settings etc. The biggest problem with it is that 2 sets or AA batteries last all day and you end up recording hours and hours so editing it takes ages. It does do 1080p but i only ever use it on 720p and the files are so big.

Cheers
Steve
Brilliant videos..thank you.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

kgbbiker wrote:Great Pictures , Hope did'nt slow you all up to much trying to get through that sticky Norfolk mud with those road tyres ?At least the fords and puddles help wash some of it out .
Great weekend & well organised and a chance to meet and talk to like minded souls .
My first rally but definitely not my last, now were is that diary .Cheers :) Keith Kgbbiker
Hi Matey,

Nice to see another X-Country doin' the stuff. Where d'ye get the screen?

Simon
PS we get some mud here in Spain too . . .
Mud_2012-05-22.jpg
Mud_2012-05-22.jpg (86.38 KiB) Viewed 10417 times
But it's not as flat as Norfolk :silly:
Abella2_2012-05-22.jpg
Abella2_2012-05-22.jpg (65.19 KiB) Viewed 10417 times
PPs can anyone send me a pint of Adnam's - yeah, I know it's from Suffolk!
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
kgbbiker

Post by kgbbiker »

Simon , screen was a cheap one {£20)from ebay came with no fixing kit and is a universal fit,dont know the make or model.
Good to see another Xcountry out there getting dirty .A very underrated bike only needs good tyres and a better rear shock and then ready to tackle most things .
Ps I live in Suffolk and Adnams brewery is only 25 miles from here . CHEERS .
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

kgbbiker wrote:Simon , screen was a cheap one {£20)from ebay came with no fixing kit and is a universal fit,dont know the make or model.
Good to see another Xcountry out there getting dirty .A very underrated bike only needs good tyres and a better rear shock and then ready to tackle most things .
Hi there Mr KGB,

Thanks for this, I have to admit a screen is pretty low on my shopping list but for twenty quid it might move up a little!

Meanwhile I may decide to farkle up some sort of fairing - personally I hate all 'bodywork' but I like the idea of some extra space for maps, etc. and I do get tired with the kind of miles I do on the Country.

They are great little bikes - totally underrated by the press and I think BMW got their marketing totally wrong!

I've tried quite a few tyres and nor use Heidenau K60's - not much mud here despite appearances! - which are also excellent as road tyres.

The standard shock gave up the ghost after about 25,000 kms! Replaced it with a Wilbers, fantastic!

Lots of other farkles but the big one is going to be an 'X-Tank' auxiliary fuel tank - dream on unles I win the lottery! In which case I'll rename it the X-Continent!

Enjoy your bike!

Regs

Simon

PS - you could send a few pints of Addy down with Fairyplumbe, could be the start of something beautiful :silly:
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

fairyplum

Post by fairyplum »

The Spanish Biker wrote:
kgbbiker wrote:Simon , screen was a cheap one {£20)from ebay came with no fixing kit and is a universal fit,dont know the make or model.
Hi there Mr KGB,

Thanks for this, I have to admit a screen is pretty low on my shopping list but for twenty quid it might move up a little!

Meanwhile I may decide to farkle up some sort of fairing - personally I hate all 'bodywork' but I like the idea of some extra space for maps, etc. and I do get tired with the kind of miles I do on the Country.

They are great little bikes - totally underrated by the press and I think BMW got their marketing totally wrong!

I've tried quite a few tyres and nor use Heidenau K60's - not much mud here despite appearances! - which are also excellent as road tyres.

The standard shock gave up the ghost after about 25,000 kms! Replaced it with a Wilbers, fantastic!

Lots of other farkles but the big one is going to be an 'X-Tank' auxiliary fuel tank - dream on unles I win the lottery! In which case I'll rename it the X-Continent!

Enjoy your bike!

Regs

Simon

PS - you could send a few pints of Addy down with Fairyplumbe, could be the start of something beautiful :silly:
Sadly I left good old Norfolk last Sunday before you thought of having some Adnams and have been in France since then. Caught Dover Calais ferry last Sunday pm and arrived down near La Rochelle next day. Ride was vile with low cloud, 9c cold and wet.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Never Mind FairyP,

Kronenburg just doen't do it - but fear not, we have Bock Damm - so life's not too bad!

See you soon, nice and sunny here B)

Simon

Return to “ABR Norfolk Rally Holt 11th - 13th May 2012”