ABR Nature Rally 2011 - Introduction

Lee

Re: ABR Nature Rally 2011 - Introduction

Post by Lee »

I couldn't possibly do it inside 24 hours and get to all the rally locations anyway so I guess that rules out IBA.
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
Bosshog

Post by Bosshog »

Great idea James
Gets people out and about
Gonna register right now
If you need help, you know where i am
As my good lady once said during a long motorcycle holiday, "it's the sleep bit in the middle you hate"
James691

Post by James691 »

Lee wrote:I couldn't possibly do it inside 24 hours and get to all the rally locations anyway so I guess that rules out IBA.
No mate, not a hope in hell of doing that in 24 hours. A few did try to do it in 2 days under an SS2000 but not sure if it was done. Saying that, the last UK rally of this kind only had 15 locations, rather than the 20 that this has.

I do hold an IBA 4 Corners Gold Award - 1444 miles in under 24 hours - St Davids - Lands End - Lowestoft - John O Groats. I think I did that in 23 hours 40 mins. With the amount of A, B roads and stops, it is just not possible to do this rally in 24 hours mate.

If you are looking at doing endurance riding to IBA level I would always suggest a straight E2E or SS1000 to start off with. Even then do not look at it as a 'must' finnish, you have a look and a go. All you MUST do is end the day alive and well with the abilty to ride again the next day, everythin else is a bonus :)

Best of luck Lee
Dancing in the moonlight
James691

Post by James691 »

Bosshog wrote:Great idea James
Gets people out and about
Gonna register right now
If you need help, you know where i am
Hey Rog!! Good to see you Buddy! :cheer:

You will love it here, right up your street, just ride upon ride.

I'll sort your registration out and I assume you are after Rider 123 ;)
Dancing in the moonlight
DSG

Post by DSG »

Fourteen members of the Mojacar MTC did a tour of 12 out of the 15 National Parks last September. We stayed in Youth Hostels and covered about 2500 miles on mainly rural roads. You soon realise that the UK has some spectacular scenery and great places to visit. No ferries to book, no currencies to get, no additional health insurance - go for it.

Dave
Scrump

Post by Scrump »

This rally sounds just the sort of thing Ive been looking for, as I want to raise some money for Breast Cancer Research and wanted to do somthing bike related that wasn't just a lands end john o groats thing as I want to be a bit differen. I considered riding round the Coast but feel that this would be impractical from a time away from home etc.

This will allow me to raise the money but spread out the ride a bit so count me in i'll head on over to the riders details page and put my name down

;)
For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travels sake. The great affair is to move
Scrump

Post by Scrump »

forgot to ask any news on the Rally number card?, I think I read someone say they were going to design one???
For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travels sake. The great affair is to move
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Scrump wrote:forgot to ask any news on the Rally number card?, I think I read someone say they were going to design one???
Its in this thread you just add your number and print it. ;)
Chuffer

Post by Chuffer »

Hello James,had a great day at the Ace well done ABR,but now I'm stuck could you let me know in PC idot form how to post my pics for the nature rally please,cheers mate.
Scrump

Post by Scrump »

Cheers craigrevo :)

Return to “ABR NATURE RALLY 2011”