A BIG THANKYOU FROM CUMBRIA

Paul

A BIG THANKYOU FROM CUMBRIA

Post by Paul »

Hi Guys and Gals,

I hope you don't mind but I don't want my post to get bypast in the reply's to the rally thread.

On behalf of myself, Maria and Jessie, we would just like to say a massive heartfelt thankyou to all who braved the elements to attend the "Boil rally" this weekend.

Jessie's curry night was an exeptional success and your generousity not only in paying for the food but with the notes that people kept giving myself and Maria throughout the weekend made the total raised for the children a massive £1223.
As ussual you can rest assured that all of the money raised, less the ingredients for the food, goes straight to the children, making a massive difference to their everyday lives.

Aside from the people who attended I feel that we need to also give a special thanks to various individuals for their involvment.

So firstly "Alun" who if he hadn't had the forsight and business mind to start ABR, we wouldn't have made so many good friends. And for allowing us to promote "Curry Aid" through ABR and supporting us from the start. Also having just returned from Namibia, he dropped his cases, jumped on his bike and had the stamina to make the ride to Cumbria.
It was great to see you again and thankyou.

Our thanks also go to James691, PeteT and Minkyhead for organising and leading the rides on Saturday which everybody thouroughly enjoyed.

Thanks to JKClive and Diddydave for taking care of the fire, see you soon my friends!

Thanks to Kevin (lastchance) for washing all of Jessie's pots and pans without being asked and before I volunteered, and for making Maria's morning cuppa!

Thanks to MrToad and Lizzie (Steve & Jane) for looking after our foreign guest
(Neo from Korea) and for the gift of the book, see you in June!

And last but not least, thanks to TenereMart (Martin) for trying to educate me about GPS and computers on saturday night, sorry you didn't get very far. Also for the offer of the loan of GPS equipment for my Morocco trip, very kind.

So there we are, I apologise if I have missed anyone and once again thank you for making this years Boil rally an outstanding success. Thankyou.
jaz1259

Re: A BIG THANKYOU FROM CUMBRIA

Post by jaz1259 »

What about thanks to me for farting and snoring all weekend!
davsato

Post by davsato »

no sir, THANK YOU.
I saw what maria valiantly mopped up every day, 2 lavs and 2 showers dont divide into 70 blokes very well, thanks for letting us plough your grass, and thank jessie and the poppadum posse for another cracking meal. It brings it home when jessie said about some of the kids had never seen a bed before, my nipper throws a hissy fit when i buy the wrong flavour pop-tarts. Do you do an exchange scheme?

Oh, and ive been barred from any more chillied cabbage, EVER

Can i put my name down for next year?
Dave
Hacknslash

Post by Hacknslash »

Thanks Paul and Maria

What a fabulous weekend, you two were most excellent hosts. I'm very pleased with the total you raised too, excellent work.

I'll definitely stop by when passing on the summer tour of the UK with the missus.

Cheers Ian

The Geek shall inherit the Earth.
JiMcI

Post by JiMcI »

My first of many ABR rallys and a big thankyou to you Paul and your family.
Great hoasts, Fab curry night, and great bunch of people.
I met alot of new friends can't wait for My next one..

ps. Paul tell your son sorry for keeping him awake with my snoring.
gebrauchtwagen83

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

JiMcI wrote:My first of many ABR rallys and a big thankyou to you Paul and your family.
Great hoasts, Fab curry night, and great bunch of people.
I met alot of new friends can't wait for My next one..

ps. Paul tell your son sorry for keeping him awake with my snoring.

haha :P
Alun

Post by Alun »

Paul, you and Maria are the perfect ABR hosts, many thanks once again.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Our pleasure Paul, it's a good cause cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Road2Manchester

Post by Road2Manchester »

Thanks go to you first and foremost. Brave for putting up with us lot, and everything about your place is just right.

My first ABRR and it won't be my last.

Cheers and despite no sleep at all on Saturday night, I have recovered (a bit) and ready for more.

Picture is 6am on Sunday
!
MARC075.JPG
MARC075.JPG (35.67 KiB) Viewed 7679 times
!!! Ouch.

cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
markoh

Post by markoh »

Thanks for a great weekend.

Cheers
Mark

Return to “ABR Boil Rally Cumbria 19th - 22nd April 2012”