BACK TO THE BOIL 19th-22nd APRIL 2012

Paul

Re: BACK TO THE BOIL 19th-22nd APRIL 2012

Post by Paul »

Hi Guys and Girls,
Sorry it's a late post, not been back from the campsite long. I had loads of posts on the rally thread but I am not going to answer them all individually, hope you don't mind.

For those who cannot make the rally for whatever reason, I fully understand, we didn't expect 100% attendance. I have a family and kids etc, things happen :) I hope to catch you sometime later in the year.

We had quite a few arrivals today, wet and dry. It seems those from Scotland and the East were wet, but those arriving from the West or South were dry.
The weather at Kirkby Stephen stayed dry all day until around 7pm when we had a fairly heavy shower that lasted around 45 minutes.

For those travelling tomorrow, we look forward to seeing you. And for those who couldn't make the list, if you feel like skiving work or just a ride out on Saturday, please feel free to come.
Jessie has catered for 150 and I know James doesn't eat much :whistle:

Just to finish, we have trees for tarp tying and a largish heated lounge for those with dodgy tents :)

All the best,
Paul & Maria
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Can vouch for the warm welcome and the warm room to sit in. Well worth the slightly damp ride here, looking forward to Jessie's curry tomorrow :)
herman

Post by herman »

Well after packing last night and leaving the wet weather gear out to wear I have risen this morning to blue skies and a slight frost. Cant be bothered to re-pack so overdressed it is for the ride up. B) See you all in about 6 hours. :)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Blue sky here in sunny Stourbridge, leaving about 1.30 ish have to work this morning. Hopefully hitting junction 13 on the M6 about 2.15 ish should be up north about 5.30 ish in time to chuck the tent up and eat some curry. Whats the beer situation up there ? not that I'm a big drinker but the odd bottle with a curry goes well :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Well, Foina & Africa jim have departed this end of the island, heading south . .
FiJimsouthbound2.jpg
FiJimsouthbound2.jpg (246.03 KiB) Viewed 2110 times
This is Fionas idea of packing essentials . .
Fionaspacking.jpg
Fionaspacking.jpg (310.46 KiB) Viewed 2110 times
I think Fiona had her hair dryer in one pannier and hair straightners in the other ;)
Jim's pack horse of a bike is carrying everything else, including the kitchen sink :evil:

Driech is the description for the weather as they headed off.

I'll not be there cos it's raining - simple as that

Hope it stays dry for you :whistle:

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Road2Manchester

Post by Road2Manchester »

BIKE TO BIKE RADIO

Just a thought. anyone using bike 2 bike radios, Would be great to all be on the same channel????? I vote CH3 Call-sign. Boil Boil Boil. Or wet wet wet.... ma
ybe. B) B) B) B)
cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
craig

Post by craig »

Good morning everybody. ETA is about 7:30pm tonight so please save me some curry. And if there's a computer there maybe some one can help me put my pix of morroco on the site, its only been a year.
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Gutted!! Suspension has blown on bike, so won't be coming.

Have a great boil one and all, see you at one later in the summer
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
scouse

Post by scouse »

Dunno why I am looking on here just makes it worse looking at the pics from the White Hart, don't forget there two of us out who happily ride through hell and high water to get to far flung places by bike...and who have already done that a few times already this year... who are sitting in the dry and warm wishing we were wet and cold on a bike... all because of a feckin' sock! :D

See you at the Simmer if not before Scouse and Jules
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
doctorzippy

BACK TO THE BOIL 19th-22nd APRIL 2012

Post by doctorzippy »

All packed and about to depart from an increasingly gloomy Royton/Oldham, riding to Skipton then planning on getting lost in the Dales before heading to KS. Will be there before curry time, plate and fork in hand!
Life is a journey, not a destination

Return to “ABR Boil Rally Cumbria 19th - 22nd April 2012”