FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY

The ABR Rally season kicks off in Takoda Camping, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria
Paul

FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY

Post by Paul »

OK here goes, In at the deep-end. Who is for a camping weekend in Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria.
Think! Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, North Pennines, Scottish Borders, fantastic roads and scenery.
This could be the first ABR mass bike meet but I need help. We have the site which will be a newly opened campsite on the outskirts of Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria. I have never done anything like this before, I have actually never run a campsite before, but how hard can it be.
Alun suggested that I open a poll to get a date. I don't know how to do this "techno numpty"
I have tried, just don't know how, I keep pressing buttons. Maybe I have done it?

The weekend can be anytime between 4-3-11 to 15-4-11. What do you think? It could be after Easter weekend if people prefer.
I will be opening a web-site in due course for the campsite which will help with bookings for interested people.
If there is enough interest I will close the site for this event.

In the meantime I need feedback and ideas to make this work. Mark1150 mentioned in his blog about a slideshow/talk. I wonder how much Ted Simon or Nick Sanders charge ?
Ok Ok, Im getting carried away.
Rideouts are no problem, you can travel in any direction and I can copy some of my favourite Sunday routes.

It would be great if we could pull this off!!!!!!

3-2-11
If you are just looking at this for the first time. The boil rally has had a massive response and will be held at our new campsite, you are the first guinea pigs, sorry guests for the weekend starting 15-4-11.
We are located at Kirkby stephen in Cumbria on the A685 five minutes walk north of the market town, CA17 4AP.
The cost for the two nights camping is £12 per person.
Arriving friday afternoon/evening my friend Jesse will make traditional Indian (Tamil) food for us and for a fee (£8-10) which goes directly to a childrens charity that we are involved in. If people are interested I can do a bit of a talk/slideshow on our work in India while you eat and drink.
Saturday a ride-out or number of rides-out very informal do your own thing, saturday afternoon "the boil competition" and general hanging out with barbeques and a slideshow by Mr & Mrs Toad on their Morrocco adventure. Due to the numbers, groups of friends new or existing with disposable BBQ's might be the best bet.
I am not taking the blame for poisioning somebody:laugh:
Sunday, home for most I guess, but feel free to stay as long as you like, but no longer than the end of September.
Nicoli

Re: FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY

Post by Nicoli »

Sounds like a plan.

By that time next year I should be up and running on a bike finally, be it a 125 but still, and would take a trip to find y'all :)

Can try and convince the gf to ride out on her bike too
herman

Post by herman »

Sounds good to me, perchance this needs to be stickyfied?
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Nicoli,

You are the first to answer my post, so you win, not a holiday for two, not even a hamper.

You get to judge the quickest brew competition, well volunteered!

nb. I have not met any of the other people on the site, but there is bound to be a few big blokes who don't like losing. Good luck. Well done.
XTrider

Post by XTrider »

Sounds good, Im interested.
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

Uh oh....

edit: Oh and I just picked the furthest date away as it gives me more time to get a bike :P
Alun

Post by Alun »

I've added a poll with a date range and made this thread a sticky.

I'm in, and started to bore out the Trangia.
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

Nicoli, my stove's shite, however, I will pay you £10 to say I've won. :whistle:

...well not shite, just very....very....slow. ;)
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
Paul

Post by Paul »

I did set up a poll, I knew I could do it, Yea me. I think?
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

Lancastermick wrote:Nicoli, my stove's shite, however, I will pay you £10 to say I've won. :whistle:
See for the £10 I spent on it...my stove is awesome

Return to “ABR FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY APRIL 15th 2011”