My Boil Rally

The ABR Rally season kicks off in Takoda Camping, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria
Kenbo

My Boil Rally

Post by Kenbo »

Sorry it has taken so long to post this but here is my account of the "Boil Rally"

Yippy came to my house and we left at about 1.30 Headed out to Peebles.Then we found that I must have had the "Brill biking roads" setting on the sat nav as it took us down through some wonderfull B roads that I think we will never find again. Stopped for a brew in the borders before hitting the motorway at Moffat (didnt trust the sat nav at this point) and got to the site at Kirkby Stephen about 5.30ish. Actualy meet a member of the "Vstrom Riders International Forum" taking photos of the Storms at the camp and had a good chat with him (good to meet you SKS)

On the Sat we went with James through the lakes. Now I thought we had some good biking roads in Scotland but we all just had a big grin on out faces all day. Seen so much I cant remember the names of every where we went. Highlight was the "Hardnott pass" coffee in "Whitehaven" and one thing I will never forget is seeing the two big GSs going down crossing the Ford. Thankfully no one was hurt. Back to camp about 7.

Both me and Yippy had comitments on the Sunday so packed the camp and onto the motorway all the way back home for 10 that night. Actualy I quite enjoyed riding the motorway at that time the extra lights I fitted were excelent.

So total milage for me was 180 down....250 round the lakes......120 motorway miles home = 550 miles

Worthy of a special mention are these couple of bikes

Thanks for a Brill weekend it was good to meet lot of good people in the same place and hope to see you all at the "Highland Simmer Rally"
scouse

Re: My Boil Rally

Post by scouse »

Notice Friday Nights impromptu party was neatly sidestepped :D

Great to meet you both... we will bring Prisoner 999 back to see you at some future point :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Great photos. B)
Thanks for the special mention mate. ;)
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

scouse wrote:Notice Friday Nights impromptu party was neatly sidestepped :D

Great to meet you both... we will bring Prisoner 999 back to see you at some future point :D
Well the only memory of Friday night is this photo that has some strange glow things on my bike

And some wet knees and elbows (take it I fell down at some point)
Tell Prisoner 999 I will be more than happy to see him again so long as he leves his friends Misure Port, Madam Sherry and their young son Home brew at home :whistle:

Return to “ABR FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY APRIL 15th 2011”