THE RALLY IS BOILING OVER !

The ABR Rally season kicks off in Takoda Camping, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria
GUNDOG

Re: THE RALLY IS BOILING OVER !

Post by GUNDOG »

Wot about Rally stickers ? :blink:

got a small place left on me panniers.......
Treat every situation like a dog..

If you can't hump it or eat it, piss on it and walk away.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Philzafuka wrote:Wot about Rally stickers ? :blink:

Sorted. And they're a work of fine art.
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

mark1150 wrote:Thanks for the reply Paul, I don't mind sharing my tent with a total stranger if they can't get in on the Boil.
As long as she's a blonde beer drinking nympho with her own stove and knows how to use it!
On a serious note , posting your friends details is a good idea.
i have a blond wig and i can buy some sussies then i can rent my tent out
Paul

Post by Paul »

Just a quick update because I have been stuck behind this computer since dinner time.

Had a word with Will & Anthony today at Bowber Head Campsite, I explained the situation with the boil rally and they are happy to accomodate any overspill. They can take a max of 20 tents.
One thing I must stress is that Bowber Head is not a campsite for tents really, they mainly have static caravans so the facilities may be basic. That said Will, Anthony and the family are exeptional hosts and three of the family are keen bikers, Will (Dad) is into Classic Buses and owns about a dozen as well as a couple of ancient cars.

Anyway if your desperate you can shower at the boil site.

Will or Anthony can be contacted on 01539 623254 or google "Cumbria Classic Coaches"

To Alun,
Just to finish, We have created our first website today, www.takodacamping.webs.com
I have dedicated a page to biker friendly and added a link to ABR. I hope this is ok, if not let me know and I will take it off, probably should have aked first, so I apologise in advance.

Sorry, nearly forgot.
With regard to extra people and curry, Jesse is still in India so I havn't told her about numbers yet. She usually has about 50 at her curry nights but there is always loads of food for seconds or to take home. That said and bearing in mind there are nearly 80 and all of the money goes to charity, I think any extra mouths to feed will have to come from charity on our part by making sure our fellow bikers/campers/boilers don't go hungry.
I am sure that there will be plenty.
Womble

Post by Womble »

Is there a reserve list I can add to?

I was thinking of booking into the YHA in Kirky Stephen as an alternative, would be a bit closer, not the same as a night in the tent :unsure:
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
Paul

Post by Paul »

Womble wrote:Is there a reserve list I can add to?

I was thinking of booking into the YHA in Kirky Stephen as an alternative, would be a bit closer, not the same as a night in the tent :unsure:
Hi Womble,
Nobody has cancelled yet! but we have a reserve list, to which you have been added. I mentioned in the other thread about the camp-site at Bowber Head, Ravenstonedale. It's about 5 miles away. Will or Anthony can be contacted on 01539 623254.
If you fancy the YHA in Kirkby Stephen, you won't be to far away, about 10 minutes walk, depending how sober you are :laugh:
Womble

Post by Womble »

Thanks for this
Enfield Himalayan... apparently they're Marmite... not keen on Marmite, but like Vegemite
YBR125... the little adventure steed of awesomeness
JimboF650

Post by JimboF650 »

Alun wrote:
Philzafuka wrote:Wot about Rally stickers ? :blink:

Sorted. And they're a work of fine art.
...was there any 'Boil Rally Stickers' anyone?

Return to “ABR FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY APRIL 15th 2011”