ABR Shropshire Rally 15th - 17th Feb 2013

Adrian

Re: ABR Shropshire Rally 15th - 17th Feb 2013

Post by Adrian »

I've stayed at Foxholes a couple of times, it's a great place.
Wrap up warm, it's bloody cold and windy up there. Top tip, get pitched behind the wall that runs between the two tent fields.
It's a really nice walk through the trees down to the village. Some cracking pubs and the real ale is second to none.

I'm going to check my shift attern, I'd love to come along, it's less than an hour away from where I live....

Ade
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

Sputnik wrote:Just wanted to follow up what someone else siad, I didn't see an answer to the 'can you just turn up or do you have to book in?' question. I may or may not be in the country, but if I am, camping with beer and fine countryside in February and a daft amount of bikes sounds like my idea of heaven. I'll be looking out me tent in case!

;)
It's a good idea to get your name down as it gives the organiser an idea of numbers. But there is nothing wrong with just turning up on the day. Hope to see you there

By the way, I was offered "Sputnik" if the Rif Mountains, Morocco - were you for sale once????
markoh

Post by markoh »

Put me down please.
James691

Post by James691 »

Sputnik wrote:Just wanted to follow up what someone else siad, I didn't see an answer to the 'can you just turn up or do you have to book in?' question. I may or may not be in the country, but if I am, camping with beer and fine countryside in February and a daft amount of bikes sounds like my idea of heaven. I'll be looking out me tent in case!

;)
Page 1 - post 13 ;)

Just pitch up but intent is great and gives me an idea - you just pay the owners when you get there.
Dancing in the moonlight
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

A group of us stayed in one of the caravans at this site once. Be warned, it's very small. The 2 single beds are only about 5feet long and 2feet wide and the double is just as short and would be a single in a decent hotel. The living room settee is supposed to convert into two doubles but was just rubbish and it was better to sleep on the floor. The camping though is great but as someone else has posted its an exposed place.

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)
lonepilgrim

Post by lonepilgrim »

I can thoroughly recommend this venue!! All I would say is make sure you get to the showers first!!! Very eco friendly site and if you want a fire you need to hire a drum from them.

Put me down but depends on the baby situation as she is due this weekend :)
ABR Welsh Rally Brecon Beacons 2012

HUBB Donington Park 2013

ABR Exmoor Rally 2013

Member of the Kawasaki Riders Club

My bikes: 1995 Kawasaki KLX 250 E3

1989 Kawasaki Tengai KL650 B1

Previous bikes: 2009 Yamaha YZF R125 Fiat Team / Rossi Replica
womble_lancs

Post by womble_lancs »

MarkN wrote:It's a good idea to get your name down as it gives the organiser an idea of numbers. But there is nothing wrong with just turning up on the day. Hope to see you there
Cheers for that. I don't want to commit to it and then not be able to come. I suffer from circulation problems and can't handle camping when it's cold because it's just too painful :( (and yes, I do have the proper gear :) )
James691

Post by James691 »

Updated and I hope you can make it chaps.

For those that suffer with the cold there is a bunk house at the rally site and you can have a poke around the website to see if you would rather do that :)

Could be a chilly one with the weather front coming in. :woohoo:
Dancing in the moonlight
johnzxr750

Post by johnzxr750 »

Jimbo am on for definate think my mate is coming too. he is on this forum,his forum name is rocky
Am looking forward to it with any luck we might have snow too
Cheers j :woohoo:
James691

Post by James691 »

OK :) I will update to put Rocky down for the rally - we may indeed have snow :woohoo:
Dancing in the moonlight

Return to “Feb 2013 - ABR Shropshire Rally: 15th, 16th 17th”