on/off road ride out

The ABR rally season continues in the sunny south at Hurst View in the New Forest
Tramp

on/off road ride out

Post by Tramp »

Hi all,

To keep things nice and tidy:P :P here is where I`ll post the stuff about the long ride out for the saturday .

Its around 170mls in total and okay for large bikes with road tyres if its dry otherwise some may go down damaging their bikes [dont want that].

We start in Lymington crossing the forest up the "ornamental Drive" and across the north forest to Downton before hitting the green lanes to Stratford tony Were I have included a legal water crossing Ford for those that want to [bridge available].

Then its road to Wilton and grren lanes to Stone henge [grass] before hitting the gravel section on the salisbury plain [perimiter route] taking in the views of this open heath land, crossing across to Warminster [white horse] gravel sections.

From Warminster its road to Shaftesbury with a quick stop to look where the Hovis bread advert was filmed AkA hovis Hill, then up to zig zag hill -1st gear hairpins.

From here its green lanes [chalk/flint] to Tollard Royal and roads to Alderholt and Ringwood- twisty country roads :woohoo:

From Ringwood its road through the countryside to lynington -twisty and some fast sections.

boil_route.gpx
(9.64 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
I am going to make this a max 6 in number and solo only as some parts have rutted narrow tracks -very hard two up.

If we get loads wanting to go okay as long as someone does the other lead out [map and gps required].

Plenty of stops for smokers and will get food onroute as we see fit,

Those who have shown a interest are listed below: will update as other join.

Anyquestions fire away, oh and you may fall off but please let us catch it on film:laugh: :laugh:

Tramp[ride out leader]
Lee
Craigrevo
Ben gun
old boots
Davies
OB1

getting full so maybe room for one more other wise its 2 groups for safety and enjoyment.
Sleepy

Re: on/off road ride out

Post by Sleepy »

Put me down for this Tramp, time to test the crash bars...:laugh:
desert storm

Post by desert storm »

Nice little ford that at Stratford Tony - shame i'm gonna be on the 'road' super tenere :sick:
"You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down.."

"What desert?"

"Doesn't make any difference what desert, it's completely hypothetical"

"Then how come i'd be there?"

"Maybe you're fed up, maybe you wanna be by yourself, who knows?"

BLADE RUNNER, 1982
richardsracingmad

Post by richardsracingmad »

me, as a pending dates:cheer:
ben gun

Post by ben gun »

Hi Tramp

Could you please put me down as pending.
need to check i can get the leave what bikes are you guy's going to be on :ie big/small

Many thanks

Ben gun
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Id like to join the offroad ride. ;)
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Richardracingmad and Ben Gun are you pending for the camp as well or just ride-out is so i can add your names Cheers Jim
Real men ride twins ;-)
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hi jim ,
Richards pulled out as he had suck a good time lastweekend he thinks its a bit of a repeat etc which is fair enough by me he`s a good bloke.

Ben Gun -I`d like to keep it a biggish bike themed thing as there are some fastish road sections to make it interesting for all both on off road and road tyres. I feel the xr type bikes would be left behind and fuel range could be a problem let alone the comfort .

We seem to have reached the [6] cut off for this ride so if more want to come along we will need another leader, lets see how many want to come and go from their eh folks as 6 is both a comfortable number and safe too especially when overtaking cars etc.

Russ
ben gun

Post by ben gun »

Hi tramp

im pending for both need to find out if i can get the leave.
No prob with the bike i ride a KTM 990 Adventure if i cant make the camp im sure
i will be able to make the ride but hopeing to do both.
Im off to France tomoro on the bike hope the weather holds will let you know for def as soon as i can .

many thanks

Ben Gun
old boots

Post by old boots »

If you still have room Id like to come.

Old boots
Pathfinder

"Primi Hastati"

Return to “ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17th JULY”