ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17 JULY 2011

The ABR rally season continues in the sunny south at Hurst View in the New Forest
VR_Rider

Re: Camping Weekend Down South

Post by VR_Rider »

Sounds like a fantastic idea! Won't be able to join you guys for the whole weekend. But I shall pop along for the day for one of the rideouts. I only live in shoreham-by-sea anyway!
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Jim Lovell wrote:Unfortunately no fires aloud or burning wood, leaves etc is a £500 fine :( i was thinking of a BBQ (its ok if raised off the ground) and burning charcoal.

I thought if i get a BBQ (or make one) people could just grab some food on the way and cook it when they arrive whilst meeting and erecting tents.

The Foresters pub is great for food although you may need to book, its a bit of a walk but worth it, the Snakecatcher is closer and so is the Rose and Crown so lots of choice if your not fussed about cooking. :)
There's a campsite in Lower Pennington, 'Hurst View' a short walk to a pub, and they allow campfires, in fact they sell bags of wood for campers to use, was there a couple of weeks ago and it was ok...
was going to post a picture, but the option has gone...!!
numptyspence

Post by numptyspence »

Sleepy wrote:
Jim Lovell wrote:Unfortunately no fires aloud or burning wood, leaves etc is a £500 fine :( i was thinking of a BBQ (its ok if raised off the ground) and burning charcoal.

I thought if i get a BBQ (or make one) people could just grab some food on the way and cook it when they arrive whilst meeting and erecting tents.

The Foresters pub is great for food although you may need to book, its a bit of a walk but worth it, the Snakecatcher is closer and so is the Rose and Crown so lots of choice if your not fussed about cooking. :)
There's a campsite in Lower Pennington, 'Hurst View' a short walk to a pub, and they allow campfires, in fact they sell bags of wood for campers to use, was there a couple of weeks ago and it was ok...
was going to post a picture, but the option has gone...!!
A love the idea of a campfire and a good pub
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Should have added, that when I was there it was £10 a night (me, bike, and tent)
numptyspence

Post by numptyspence »

Sorry to sound cheap but £30 for three nights sounds great it leaves more for the fuel:evil: (beer and food):whistle:
desert storm

Post by desert storm »

Count me in for this :)
A campsite we've used before (Super Tenere Forum) is at Sixpenny Handley [A354 between Salisbury & Blandford]. No problems with groups/same sex/bikes & about £12pppn last June, but maybe a bit far away from the Forest ?
"You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down.."

"What desert?"

"Doesn't make any difference what desert, it's completely hypothetical"

"Then how come i'd be there?"

"Maybe you're fed up, maybe you wanna be by yourself, who knows?"

BLADE RUNNER, 1982
gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

£12 a night that's more like it,i wouldn't pay 24.50 you can get a night in a travelodge or premier inn for £19 so not going to pay extra for a tent.
davsato

Post by davsato »

gazxt1200z wrote:£12 a night that's more like it,i wouldn't pay 24.50 you can get a night in a travelodge or premier inn for £19 so not going to pay extra for a tent.
yeah i thought about that, i'd do it for the craic but it shows up the north south divide, ive just had 3 nights camping at tha BOIL for £18!
Dave
desert storm

Post by desert storm »

UPDATE : www.churchfarmcandcpark.co.uk
£7.50 pppn in July, plenty of space at the moment.
Good restaurant/bar on site, nice showers/toilets, couple of static caravans available for non-campers.
"You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down.."

"What desert?"

"Doesn't make any difference what desert, it's completely hypothetical"

"Then how come i'd be there?"

"Maybe you're fed up, maybe you wanna be by yourself, who knows?"

BLADE RUNNER, 1982
Alphadog43

Post by Alphadog43 »

Count me in :) Just finalise dates & location and I will be there

Return to “ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17th JULY”