ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17 JULY 2011

The ABR rally season continues in the sunny south at Hurst View in the New Forest
FireGB

Re: ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17 JULY

Post by FireGB »

To all of those of you that organised the weekend, a big Thanks. This was the first time I have been to an event such as this and really enjoyed it, so many thanks. I left at the Studland ferry crossing as I had to get home (19th Wedding Anniversary)I got absoulty soaked getting home but had a good evening.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Regards

Stuart
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

Firstly a big thanks to Jim & Theresa for organising a top weekend and also many thanks to the ride leaders and all the other unsung heroes, especially Herman for bringing his van full of equipment and huge wood pile, plus the chilli bearers for the fine feast on Sat night, all who collectively gave us the framework which helped to make this weekend such a success.

Having made a spectacular entrance on Friday night ;) it was really great to be helped out by a bunch of complete strangers who set about re-engineering my broken footpeg. Herman's van came in very hand, especially the workmate and jubilee clips he had stashed inside.

This is the real spirit of the ABR community, especially the pi55 taking and numerous photos I am sure will appear when official ABR Snapper Stu gets his photos uploaded :)

This one's in the diary for next year
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
knobbly

Post by knobbly »

Awsome weekend guys!!!!

Really nice bunch of people met this weekend despite the wet bit.
Cheers Jim and family for making it a great weekend.
Cheers Tramp for leading a great on/off ride
Cheers Herman for a monster size pile of firewood.
Looking forward to next time and will upload some pics when I work out how.

Dont know if anyone else got it but it absolutely fell down on the way home, nice to get back and put on some dry pants.
Just in time for the apprentice final.
Cheers good people.
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

Knobbly thanks so much for being the lead engineer, have a greeny.
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
James691

Post by James691 »

Gutted I missed this but had to work :( fantastic to see you all had a good time and hope to see you at the Midland Rally.

Jim - stay away from my tent if you've had any rum! ;)
Dancing in the moonlight
knobbly

Post by knobbly »

Yay!!! finally got a green one.
Thanks gavinskii. No problem at all matey, glad to help. Hope that jubilee clip held out ok.
:) :) :)
richardsracingmad

Post by richardsracingmad »

A really good bunch of peeps and a great location made it a weekend to remember!

I think it should be on the calendar for next year.

A special thanks to the organisers, especially to Theresa for cooking nearly everyone's BBQ!, Herman for his marquee and support truck filled with firewood, and the Red Faces Display Team for the "opening" entertainment.

The Chilli was very good too! yum yum. Well done guys.

We went to the Sammy Millar Museum on Saturday, it was very worthwhile and much better than I was expecting, with some cracking Vintage bikes and old racing bikes as well as the room full of Nortons etc, all beautifully restored to fully operating condition. (There is a good cafe on site as well.)
nigel page

Post by nigel page »

Thanks Jim
Nigel
davies

Post by davies »

What can i say fab weekend thanks to all who made the weekend happen will post some pics up of the off road ride out the nights around the camp fire soon.
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

davies wrote:What can i say fab weekend thanks to all who made the weekend happen will post some pics up of the off road ride out the nights around the camp fire soon.
Good to meet with you Davies +1 :lol:

Absolutely halarious how we ended up in the same service station on the way back, despite different routes taken. Should have just stuck together :silly:

Look forward to seeing the piccies fella, I didn't take as many but then couldn't be bothered to grab the camera, was either too busy having fun or chatting! B)
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."

Return to “ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17th JULY”