ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17 JULY 2011

The ABR rally season continues in the sunny south at Hurst View in the New Forest
Jim Lovell

Re: ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17 JULY

Post by Jim Lovell »

Freeloadeur wrote:Huge apologies for not being there, my wife has severe ME and had a flare-up Friday. I was really reluctant to leave her especially as her family are in Spain at the moment. Hope it wasn't to much of a pain and let me know if there's any costs to cover.
Hi Mate, no problems it was a great weekend! Hoping there will be loads of photo's posted so people who couldn't make it can have a look..

Theres always next year :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Real men ride twins ;-)
herman

Post by herman »

Good to meet all you good folks. :) Although I am now in therapy after having Jim knocking on the van door at 1.30am in his underpants. :sick: My gazebo had decided to mount his tent so we had to prize them apart. Who knows I might even bring a bike next year. Image
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

However much it rained it can't compare to my weekend of building flatpack items from IKEA. :(
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Thanks to everyone who helped organize this rally, it was fantastic! :woohoo:

Stunt rider 1 ( aka Gavinski )

Stunt rider 2 (aka Jimmer )

If I have to pick a winner of the stunt riding competition it has to go to Gavinski for style and presentation. :laugh:

More photos on photo bucket

;)
Tea Urn

Post by Tea Urn »

big thank you to Jim and his family and all the organisers, a great rideout and good company made for a weekend to remember.

Be back next year can you sort the weather
kev and sadie
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Tea Urn wrote:big thank you to Jim and his family and all the organisers, a great rideout and good company made for a weekend to remember.

Be back next year can you sort the weather:whistle:
kev and sadie
Hi Kev, hope you got back ok! Can I just say Sadie is a credit to you and your wife, there isn't many girls of her age that would ride pillion in that weather without a winge ;)
Real men ride twins ;-)
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

What can I say fellas?

What an awesome weekend, had an absolutely cracking time and great to put names to faces.

The organisation put in by Jim and family, Herman, Tramp and Sopwith Camel meant a fantastic time was had by all. You guys all did a cracking job!

The road ride was spectacular, great routes chosen and although the weather wasn't great to begin with we still had a fantastic time, despite turning up to the new inn soaking wet lol. It was a brave ride by all and the sun rewarded us for our bravery (or madness!)

It was mine and Emma's first camping weekend and we really enjoyed our time with the group. We managed to get by despite missing a few essentials which others kindly helped out with. People turned out completely different to how I imagined they would be on the forum!

We've made some biking friends and hope to see you soon. I'll upload pics in the coming days with a mini report.

Now the next question is this, who's going to the midlands simmer? Emma and I have penned this one in on our agenda. We had such a fantastic time we want to spend another weekend camping!
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
sallysbuns

Post by sallysbuns »

What a fantastic weekend I have laughed and laughed until my ribs have ached :woohoo: :woohoo:
A big thankyou to all who helped us over the weekend.

As the only sober one except tom,ollie and jimmy dog Oh the stories we could tell
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Hope everyone is home or at least alot rearer to there baths and beds than they where this morning.
It was great to meet you all, Hope you see you and more at the next summer simmer
regards Sal aka T
desert storm

Post by desert storm »

Many, many thanks to Jim & everyone 'behind the scenes' who helped make this a great weekend. Nice to put faces to names & hope to see you all again soon.
Sadly i arrived too late for the Friday grass surf contest but a few pics from the road ride & campsite :
Jesse Graduation 022.jpg
Jesse Graduation 022.jpg (32.89 KiB) Viewed 6802 times
Jesse Graduation 031.jpg
Jesse Graduation 031.jpg (35.85 KiB) Viewed 6802 times
Jesse Graduation 025.jpg
Jesse Graduation 025.jpg (76.04 KiB) Viewed 6802 times
Jesse Graduation 032.jpg
Jesse Graduation 032.jpg (55.91 KiB) Viewed 6802 times
Jesse Graduation 035.jpg
Jesse Graduation 035.jpg (56.14 KiB) Viewed 6802 times
Jesse Graduation 036.jpg
Jesse Graduation 036.jpg (58.12 KiB) Viewed 6802 times
To all those who missed it - get your names down for next year's now !
Cheers, Gary
"You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down.."

"What desert?"

"Doesn't make any difference what desert, it's completely hypothetical"

"Then how come i'd be there?"

"Maybe you're fed up, maybe you wanna be by yourself, who knows?"

BLADE RUNNER, 1982
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

Big THANK YOU to Jim and his family (including the dog) and all those who helped organised a very memorable weekend. :cheer:

Another big THANK YOU to Tramp for the off road, a great rideout and good company made for a ride to remember. :cheer:

The rain could not spoil it. It’s official, more members came off their bikes on the camp site than on the ride outs. :P

Some good news came out of this weekend. There should be no hose pipe ban this summer........ :whistle:
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!

Return to “ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17th JULY”